Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Can anyone help me with this car in Houston?

Old 01-17-2009, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Can anyone help me with this car in Houston?

Guys/Gals,
I'm in NJ, but have been eyeing what appears to be a rather minty-fresh S2K in Houston, TX. It has been on eBay for more than a month now, but hasn't brought in any bids. It is up for sale by a used car dealer called Texas Direct and I've been toying with the idea of flying down there to take a look. Before I commit to the process though, I thought I'd ask the Houston community for some help and/or advice:

1. Does anyone have feedback on this dealership? Good/bad reputation?

2. Has anyone seen this car in person, either while an S2Ki community member had this, or at this dealership?

3. Can you guys give me a sense of what local prices would be for this car? (Around here, deep in the middle of winter with 10degree weather outside, this car would sell for less than their "buy it now" price. I'm wondering what would be fair in the local Houston market.)

4. Is there anyone who isn't too far from the dealership (who has a little free time on their hands) that would consider checking out the car for me? I would be eternally grateful and would happily return the favor in any way I could.

Many thanks in advance,
-SS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...A1%7C240%3A1308
Old 01-17-2009, 08:25 AM

I live by there and was going to look at a different s2000 from there before I got mines. I looking on some forums and got some opinions of the place and hear mix reviews. Some said it was a breeze purchasing from there and other said they are shady business. This business is a private dealership that keeps all its call a fenced parking lots. No walk-ins, appointments only. But seems to be a great price.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do have nice condition cars but prices are somewhat inflated. You will get a better deal up north since down here we can drive all year round the s2000. When, I was shopping for cars, they were on the mid to higher end of the price range. Hope this helps!

Skyler
Old 01-17-2009, 08:39 AM

Thats too expensive ! You can do better
Old 01-17-2009, 08:56 AM

they're a big customer of ours and we purchased our Denali from them. Huge dealership, too busy for themselves and i believe there were some other pics of that car showing some damages to the front bumper/ repaint.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:57 AM

to be honest I think thats a GOOD deal with low mileage too...and the car looks MINT! its sooooo hard to find a GPW s2000 in Houston. I'm surpised that its not sold yet?

2 years ago I paid an arm and legs for my Brand New 07 GPW Honda S2000! =( I didn't care because I wanted a white one with Blk/Red interior.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:10 AM

ripoff report on them google them, i dealed with them once never again.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 AM

I remember looking at an S2k there, I made an appointment talked to the guy about some flaws on the car. This one s2k had fudge up bumper, the whole bottom bumper was scarped and scratched up, there is no paint left on the bottom of the front bumper. I told the guy about it and he was like "so, just don't drive the car upside down you won't see it". Im like , got up and left.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tsanhd' date='Jan 17 2009, 02:12 PM
I remember looking at an S2k there, I made an appointment talked to the guy about some flaws on the car. This one s2k had fudge up bumper, the whole bottom bumper was scarped and scratched up, there is no paint left on the bottom of the front bumper. I told the guy about it and he was like "so, just don't drive the car upside down you won't see it". Im like , got up and left.
That's messed up!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys! I've been looking for exactly this combo (color, interior color, spoiler, front lip, mileage, etc...), so I'm rather excited by the find. But if the dealership turns out to be trouble, I really don't want to fly to Houston just to find a bum deal.

NexS2000, thanks for the tip on the ripoff report. They seem to have complaints. Looking over their eBay feedback, I was thinking they'd be pretty good...

S2KMugen, do you remember where you might have seen these pics of damages to the vehicle?

Skyler, I hear what you're saying about finding a better deal more local to me. Believe me man, I wish I could find a GPW with black interior closer to me. But at least a southern climate car has less of a chance of chassis corrosion/rust from snow and salted roads... (yes, I'm rationalizing a bit here )

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me with this car in Houston?