Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Inline racing tune

Old 12-15-2012, 06:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice feedback, thanks for letting us all know how it went.

Not to hichjack, but I did a "baseline" pull on the Engine logics dyno months ago. I was considering having them tune my car when the time came. Any thoughts on engine logics good, bad, or otherwise?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too went to huy at inline for a tune and it is the best invesment as far as mods and power are concerned that i have made. i had another shop tune my car and huy said it was a good tune, so i am not going to say anything bad about the other shop. huy was able to get another 60hp simply tweaking the other tune. this was hp that was just left there. after all was said and done and one more pound of boost i made 80 more hp than the other tune. great guy, very helpful. matt was there as well to help me out with some decision making. can't say enough about inline and matt. thank you very much i really appreciate it.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arro

Not to hichjack, but I did a "baseline" pull on the Engine logics dyno months ago. I was considering having them tune my car when the time came. Any thoughts on engine logics good, bad, or otherwise?

Oh, man I visited that shop about a month ago to get my girlfriends oil changed and meet with the owner and talk about tuning the S. I have no opinion on Brad's tuning (the tuner) , but the owner has a serious attitude problem. He started arguing with me for no reason and is highly misinformed about our cars. He thinks our sleeves are made of Nikasil, and that nikasil is the same as frm. He also told me that all naturally aspirated cars wether its a chevy v8 or an f20c, have the exact same BSFC. I told him I am halfway through a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and he insulted me and told me that I dont know anything. He also quoted me $750 to tune my car where as inline racing quoted me $500 so after the whole experience I scratched out engine logics from my list.

I have had the AEM EMS for 13 months and during the whole time I was researching tuners in Houston. I have talked to several people both on this forum, other forums and real life before I made my decision. There might be good tuners in Texas but not necessarily Houston, but since I plan to modify my car even more it is important not to have to drive 5 hrs everytime I need a retune. I recommend you do your research beforehand because the best standalone in the world is useless unless you have a good tuner to tune it, that is able to use your feedback in order to make the car drive according to your driving style. Good luck on the tune and let us know how it goes
Old 12-17-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thanasis11
Originally Posted by Arro' timestamp='1355585277' post='22212348

Oh, man I visited that shop about a month ago to get my girlfriends oil changed and meet with the owner and talk about tuning the S. I have no opinion on Brad's tuning (the tuner) , but the owner has a serious attitude problem. He started arguing with me for no reason and is highly misinformed about our cars. He thinks our sleeves are made of Nikasil, and that nikasil is the same as frm. He also told me that all naturally aspirated cars wether its a chevy v8 or an f20c, have the exact same BSFC. I told him I am halfway through a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and he insulted me and told me that I dont know anything. He also quoted me $750 to tune my car where as inline racing quoted me $500 so after the whole experience I scratched out engine logics from my list.

I have had the AEM EMS for 13 months and during the whole time I was researching tuners in Houston. I have talked to several people both on this forum, other forums and real life before I made my decision. There might be good tuners in Texas but not necessarily Houston, but since I plan to modify my car even more it is important not to have to drive 5 hrs everytime I need a retune. I recommend you do your research beforehand because the best standalone in the world is useless unless you have a good tuner to tune it, that is able to use your feedback in order to make the car drive according to your driving style. Good luck on the tune and let us know how it goes
Thanks for the feedback, you make some good points...definitely food for thought. I have another track event schedueld in January so the tune will wait until after that. I will post my tuning results/experience when it happens. Thanks again!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 PM

Not to thread jack, but you guys could also look into Chris Delgado with D3PE. Tuned my car on E85 and I was very pleased with my numbers 480/295 before I corrected the belt slip, vented the valve cover, and went to an externally vented BOV. So its probably a little closer to 500 now. Not running anything crazy just a Novi 1200 kit and a 3" pulley. Going back for a retune soon with a 2.8 RR pulley. Curious to see what she can put down.

Name:  Dyno.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  110.4 KB
Old 12-17-2012, 01:14 PM

that is sweet. I didnt think you could get that high with the novi 1200. how much boost are you running and what is your setup if you dont mind?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM

Sure no problem. It was running 18psi when tuned. Setup is as follows:

Berk full 3" exhaust
Berk header
SOS throttle body
ID 2000s
Inline pro return line kit with Aermotive 340
Tial bov
D3PE Vented valve cover with catch can
SOS Novi 1200 kit w/ 3" pulley
SOS racing heat exchanger
CC Stage 4 6 puck
Fuel pump rewire
Hondata 4 bar map sensor

Think that's everything. Car is now on 20psi with belt slip issues sorted out. Ready for a retune on the 2.8
Old 04-09-2013, 09:30 PM

thanasis11,
I am taking my S2K to Inline this Thursday to have it tuned also. Glad to see you had a great experience with them and I hope to have the same. I saw you said that it was tuned on a AEM EMS but which version? Series 1 or 2? Reason I ask is because I just picked up a AEM EMS Series 2 and wanted to get an idea if I might have the same problems you did with yours.

Thanks,
Tim!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by 9krevvin
Originally Posted by HoustonNFR' timestamp='1355241886' post='22203252
Yes my car and that tune was on E85. Sup John it's Vinh actually . Ben is a fellow NFR owner with the Magen bumper. Thanks man I was really satisfied with the numbers Huy got me and even more satisfied how smooth the process went. The only small problem that we had after you left was that the boost solenoid had to be rewired but that was fixed within 4 min. lots of thanks to my friend Matt/9krevvin for putting the setup together so well and being there making sure that everything went well. Matt really went the extra mile for me to get the job done.

NOW FOR BODY AND PAINT !

No problem bud! I just wanted to ensure you didn't have any issues, and were 100% happy.

Ben's front is actually a Spoon.

I can't wait to see your car when it comes out of paint!! It's gonna look sick!
Matt, where have you been man?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by tdonovan07
thanasis11,
I am taking my S2K to Inline this Thursday to have it tuned also. Glad to see you had a great experience with them and I hope to have the same. I saw you said that it was tuned on a AEM EMS but which version? Series 1 or 2? Reason I ask is because I just picked up a AEM EMS Series 2 and wanted to get an idea if I might have the same problems you did with yours.

Thanks,
Tim!
I have a V2. I no longer have any problems. Huy took care of everything. Good luck and let us know how it goes

Quick Reply: Inline racing tune