Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

S2000 CR

Old 02-08-2008, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 CR

Well I have now driven every style of production S2000s in the US. I was impressed with the CR The suspension is a hell of a lot stiffer, The transmission gears seen closer as well as the throw ( could be because the baal knob ), the rear wing didn't reall get in the way of the rear veiw mirror. Oh and is has a cool little green L.E.D that lights up in the gauge cluster when your in VTEC. If I was to buy a new S2K I would get a CR. If I was looking to get one I would buy an AP1 and do some mods. The CR had A/C and radio. I Would get this over a stock S2K. Unlike the Mugen Si where your better off just getting a regular Si.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:21 AM

true. i love the cr

the mugen si is not that badass.. for the sticker price, damn i would of just got something badass
Old 02-08-2008, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rolf on the other site had his come out and play during our Eggnog Drive. That car was simply badass!
Old 02-08-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have yet to see a CR without the A/C and Radio option, nobody wants to save some weight or what?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:09 PM

you can't survive Houston without AC. Swing by Houston in mid-summer and you'll see what I mean
Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 PM

I'm not going to lie but I love the CR S2000 now that I saw it in person.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:32 PM

And im not gonna lie either...

I think the CR is a waste of $$$.Now I have to admit the white one and the black one look way better than the funky smurf blue model we all saw when it was 1st mentioned.

Yeah suspension might be stiffer.But are you seriously gonna pay that much more for stiffer suspension and a little green light on the dash? For the $ I would much rather buy any s2k 05 and under.And buy aftermarket suspension,etc. and still pay way less than the CR.I dont like the wing or front bumper either.It might be aero tested but if thats what you want go with Mugen.

Now if you have and wanna spend that much $ on one,more power to you

[/rant]
Old 02-09-2008, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by alleykat,Feb 8 2008, 06:32 PM

I think the CR is a waste of $$$.Now I have to admit the white one and the black one look way better than the funky smurf blue model we all saw when it was 1st mentioned.

Yeah suspension might be stiffer.But are you seriously gonna pay that much more for stiffer suspension and a little green light on the dash? For the $ I would much rather buy any s2k 05 and under.And buy aftermarket suspension,etc. and still pay way less than the CR.I dont like the wing or front bumper either.It might be aero tested but if thats what you want go with Mugen.

[/rant]
If you're just going to track the car like it's truly intended, doesn't matter what it looks like. Some people like to win while looking ugly rather than lose while looking pretty
Old 02-13-2008, 10:06 PM

What
Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alleykat,Feb 8 2008, 06:32 PM

[/rant]
I think what Alex meant is dollar for dollar, you might make out better with a regular s2000 with mods for similar to superior performance. I haven't had a chance to price it out but its definitely possible.

Quick Reply: S2000 CR