Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

3M clear bra

Old 01-14-2010, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the dent guy has the best pricing and will stand behind his workmanship. He also offered me a discount on my SLK if done at the same time or at a later date.

Check this man out before going elsewhere - including the man in Frisco - drive a little and save a lot.

Thanks Guys
Old 01-14-2010, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aren't clear bra installs with the bra a total of like 150? I decided if that was the price, I might as well just repaint my bumper when it gets unbearable. Costs $250 so eh, why not. Bras always distorts the look.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBearTX,Jan 14 2010, 02:12 PM
Aren't clear bra installs with the bra a total of like 150? I decided if that was the price, I might as well just repaint my bumper when it gets unbearable. Costs $250 so eh, why not. Bras always distorts the look.
They are typically more than that and if done right they are damn near invisible. Mine is
Old 01-30-2010, 06:03 PM

If there's a bunch of you guys wanting do to clear bra's in the DFW area, I could probably work out a deal with the owner of ExperTint in Frisco. I help out there when I can and apply Llumar films and Llumar paint protection films. We do work for Classic BMW and the Corvette Club of Dallas.

Psykotik (Andrew) and PilotSi (David) both know me personally and can tell you what kind of person I am. There's also a handful from CRSX that are on here now after switching cars that might still recognize me.

Let me know if any of you are interested.

Kevin
Old 01-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by zexen,Jan 30 2010, 07:03 PM
If there's a bunch of you guys wanting do to clear bra's in the DFW area, I could probably work out a deal with the owner of ExperTint in Frisco. I help out there when I can and apply Llumar films and Llumar paint protection films. We do work for Classic BMW and the Corvette Club of Dallas.

Psykotik (Andrew) and PilotSi (David) both know me personally and can tell you what kind of person I am. There's also a handful from CRSX that are on here now after switching cars that might still recognize me.

Let me know if any of you are interested.

Kevin
Ya bull ****** shit... Paul I think his name was... (the or a owner) did my CR's tint... did a great job considering it was New Years Day. I went back and wanted to get my side-markers and tail lights smoked using tint. I called him and set up the job at his house for 75$ after going over the the shop of Lebanon and finding a what looked to be a eviction notice on the door. Went over there, explained to him exactly what I wanted. He told me that even if it took 2 coats of tint he would do it. First coat goes on and its not dark enough. He asked me to come back on another day and he will do another coat. I call him the next sunny day and he says sure... he will do it after he gets done with what he is doing. So I wait, and wait, and wait. No call. Since than I have set up OVER 15 APPOINTMENTS with this asshole and he gives me the run around every... single... time! Still dont have that second layer of tint. Heres some reviews from CitySearch on the quality of business.

Run Away...Run Away!
by Peace2All at Citysearch

This guy has no idea how to run a business. Nasty Paul doesn't seem to realize that the key to a successful business is good product and customer service. These are some angry folks we're talkin' 'bout here. The kind that blame everyone but themselves for their failings in life. Don't even drive past this place, let alone in!!!! After getting a 'tude and a lecture about how my car would cost extra (they were clearly trying to take advantage of a female), I high-tailed it outta there. I really feel sorry for people like them. No clue.

* Pros: I don't have to go back
* Cons: Too many to list

Beware of Expertint
by Aggies83 at Citysearch

This is the worst experience I have ever had as a consumer. Similar to the previous review, Paul basically is the rude, confrontational and not interested in completed the job after he receives his money. Total rip-off, poor quality work, and no follow through. He relies on his receipt saying "all sales final". He will be out of business in no time. BEWARE consumers, this will be a nightmare if you give Paul your business. His excuses and explanations are unreliable.

I am contacting the product manufacturer, the city and every other resource available to report this experience.

* Pros: None
* Cons: He'll be out of business in six months

Would not recomed Expertint in Frisco, TX. The lack of customer service and quality of work not acceptable.
by Capricorn1966 at Citysearch

This is a short version of the experience had with Expertint in Frisco, TX. I received a gift certificate for Christmas to have my 2000 model chevy S10 single cab tinted.

Shortened my complaint to the final section of my letter. Now I am very unhappy for sure. I drive back to Expertint on Saturday January 10th, 2009 at 10:00 am for the 3rd time. I see the owner (Paul) leaving his shop so I hold my hand out the window to signal I need to talk to him. He comes out and I showed him all the dirt and debris that is under the Tint (I discovered it under each window tint including the sides). His exact comment was ?Does this stuff really bother you??. To that I said yes it does and I did not expect a half way job. Then Paul said, ?We gave you the window strip for free anyway?. I said ?I would have thought you would do a good job on the strip even if it was free and further more this is my ?3rd? time to your shop with issues?. His next comment was ?I do thousands of cars per month and you are only one that has complained?. I requested my gift certificate money back and said it was a non refundable purchase. He then said ?YOUR TRUCK IS DIRTY AND THAT IS WHY THE JOB TURNED OUT THE WAY IT DID? I said? why did you do the job twice before and you just now telling me my truck is dirty? He told me my windows had never been cleaned and insulted me every way he could think of to excuse his lousy job.

Final Straw?.Paul looked at me and said go detail your truck and bring it back and we will do it again and walked off. Very disrespectful

I WOULD NEVER USE EXPERTINT FOR ANYTHING!!!!!

* Pros: Close by
* Cons: The worst customer service I have ever had and a terrible job.

There are only 3 reviews on the site and all 3 of them say that... I am asking the s2ki Dallas community to boycott any future use of these guys... If I had any idea where Paul was I would demand my money back. Care to rethink your plug there for your shitty ass company?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:14 PM

It's not actually my company, but he's always handled everything for me and friends wonderfully... Sorry you had a bad experience. If you want, I can give him a call and see what I can do to get your problem resolved.

I'm just trying to help you guys out, but if you feel like you were taken for granted, I'm sorry. This isn't a job for me. I just try to help out others from what I have accessible.

You can ask the 2 Dallas guys I listed. They know what kind of person I am, and am not even close to anyone who would try to scam someone or give someone shoddy work.

Sorry if I got off on the wrong foot with you guys, but I am basing on my experiences with him and what he's been able to help me and my friends on, I've never had a problem, nor have any of my friends.

Sorry for wasting your time.

I have been interested in getting an S2K lately and have always heard of how great the S2Ki community is, so I will keep Expertint out of my comments, but hope this doesn't affect the credibility of my contributions to the society.

Thanks.

Kevin
Old 01-30-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by zexen,Jan 30 2010, 10:14 PM
It's not actually my company, but he's always handled everything for me and friends wonderfully... Sorry you had a bad experience. If you want, I can give him a call and see what I can do to get your problem resolved.

I'm just trying to help you guys out, but if you feel like you were taken for granted, I'm sorry. This isn't a job for me. I just try to help out others from what I have accessible.

You can ask the 2 Dallas guys I listed. They know what kind of person I am, and am not even close to anyone who would try to scam someone or give someone shoddy work.

Sorry if I got off on the wrong foot with you guys, but I am basing on my experiences with him and what he's been able to help me and my friends on, I've never had a problem, nor have any of my friends.

Sorry for wasting your time.

I have been interested in getting an S2K lately and have always heard of how great the S2Ki community is, so I will keep Expertint out of my comments, but hope this doesn't affect the credibility of my contributions to the society.

Thanks.

Kevin
I appreciate what you posted... but Id rather take a cattle prod to the balls before I let this loaner work on my car again. Ive eaten the 75$ and I have already filed a complaint with the BBB for his shady business practices. If you want to call him and get my money back, be my guest but as for getting it taken care of, by redoing the job, absolutely not. Sorry.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 PM

No problem. Proposition retracted. Sorry. I don't want to get into any conflicts with you guys over something I'm not benefiting from.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:02 PM

i can vouch for kevin.. guy does a great job and takes care of the tuner community