Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Alarm installation

Old 06-19-2005, 02:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Alarm installation

Bout to slap a alarm on my car and need some suggestions on where to take my car. I know innerspace in allen does good work, anybody have any experience anywhere else? I might just install the alarm myself to save on the labor charges.

BTW looking for a high end alarm, anybody have any experience with compustar?
Old 06-19-2005, 03:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Recommendation: If you're having it installed and you already have audio equipment, etc, in your car... don't give the installer your real address. I've heard too many stories of people having equipment/alarms professionally installed only to have it stolen while the car was parked at home within a matter of weeks. All of them suspected the installer.

With that said, Earmark would probably be a pretty safe bet for an installation.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Jun 19 2005, 05:18 PM
Recommendation: If you're having it installed and you already have audio equipment, etc, in your car... don't give the installer your real address. I've heard too many stories of people having equipment/alarms professionally installed only to have it stolen while the car was parked at home within a matter of weeks. All of them suspected the installer.

With that said, Earmark would probably be a pretty safe bet for an installation.
I agree! Earmark would be the only place that I would trust. They work on many high end vehicles and have professional technicians with many years of experience.

The Earmark in Plano is the one I'm referring to. Ask to have Chris do the work. Over 20 years experience and a top notch installer. He's a perfectionist. I should know because I am too. It takes one to know one.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:48 PM

Sounds good, I will give him a call tommorow to see waht kind of alarms he carries and what are his rates. Earmark of Richardson was always a good place that I use to go to but I guess they moved to Plano.

Do you guys have aftermarket alarms on your vehicles?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedxRacer,Jun 19 2005, 06:48 PM
Sounds good, I will give him a call tommorow to see waht kind of alarms he carries and what are his rates. Earmark of Richardson was always a good place that I use to go to but I guess they moved to Plano.

Do you guys have aftermarket alarms on your vehicles?
I was thinking about going with Compustar too but after talking to a few installers they all told me the quality of the system isn't that good. They all recommended a DEI brand alarm.. so I'm torn between which one to get now.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:25 PM

I didn't have alarm or audio work done there but I did have Earmark do the tinting on my GS-R.. great people.. great place (I went to the one in Addison) and not a problem with bad people...
Old 06-19-2005, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by outlaw442,Jun 19 2005, 08:25 PM
I didn't have alarm or audio work done there but I did have Earmark do the tinting on my GS-R.. great people.. great place (I went to the one in Addison) and not a problem with bad people...
Earmark has two retail locations and one install only location. It is privately owned by one owner.

60N5.5
Old 06-19-2005, 08:19 PM

Yeah I have a DEI (viper) brand alarm on my Accord right now and I am well aware of their quality. I use to do ALOT of stereo work and DEI made some GREAT amps back in the days. Ahh I miss those days, too bad adding weight in the S has a greater effect than most cars due to the relatively low torque for daily driving.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:49 PM
bao

Originally Posted by thatguyjosh,Jun 19 2005, 06:13 PM
I was thinking about going with Compustar too but after talking to a few installers they all told me the quality of the system isn't that good. They all recommended a DEI brand alarm.. so I'm torn between which one to get now.
If I'm not mistaken, Compustar is also made by DEI
Old 06-20-2005, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you have Lojack install their lojack+alarm combo for you. It's only a little more than a standard alarm, and it calls your cell phone if the alarm is triggered. It's pretty neat. And they come out to wherever and install it for you.

Quick Reply: Alarm installation