Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

anyone know a good Dallas area paint & body shop?

Old 04-18-2008, 04:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default anyone know a good Dallas area paint & body shop?

well, the storm got us last night. we were heading east on 635 in the Explorer and bailed into the galleria parking garage when it started hailing. once the worst of it passed over, we headed back out and 635 was gridlocked from a wreck around Preston or so. once it cleared, we were back up to 45mph or so and I didn't see it until it was too late. Just past Hillcrest the entire highway was flooded with about 6 inches of water. I was able to keep from hydroplaning, as my brakes kept trying to lock, but the car in front of and in the lane to right of me wasn't so lucky. they had sprayed so much water into me, I couldn't see at all while I was braking. Right as I could see again, there he was, at a 45 degree angle right in my lane. nothing to do but swerve slightly and nail him. it was enough to prevent rear-ending him and we ended up glancing off his rear left door.

anyway, I now have an Explorer that needs a new bumper, light assembly, and possibly fender. it's a '98 and black, needing a paint job anyway, so matching the paint will be difficult. it may need a complete respray.

so does anyone know a good shop that's in Dallas or nearby?

oh, the best part. I ended up stopped in the HOV lane for 5 minutes or so, but traffic kept flying through us. he was about 100 yards back stopped in the middle lane. It was too dangerous to sit there or try to back up, so I just got to speed and got over to exit Coit and circled back. it took me 5-10 minutes with the traffic. When I got back to him, 2 cops were already there with flares out. the guy was gone. car in middle lane. no one around. we figure he was either drunk or didn't have insurance. at least the cops were cool and wrote it up as a hit and run, so I shouldn't take a hit on insurance at least.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John Eagle did a great job on cars I have taken there...

http://johneaglecollision.com/
Old 04-18-2008, 05:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I heard John Eagle/Aston Martin does good work. Glad to hear you're ok, we heard that crazy storm over at Northpark while in a movie theater! Good things all cars were safely tucked away until it passed around 11.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I couldn't see where Geo's car was worked on. They do good work!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:04 AM

Cosmos:
How do you know, you've never autocrossed. If I had $1500 I would probably get some used KW Variant 3's.

I couldn't have said it better myself. You can't get accurate advice about coilovers from riding in someone's car based on " they did something funny in front of me and the car felt good." when someone is making a $1,500 decision and asking about real technical information. Mozo is a cool guy with good intentions but I just found his post to be misleading without real experience on track with several different set ups. If you can't handle the truth go back to your warm and fuzzy S2KCA board and tattle on me some more to your friends.

That whole post was directed at Sal as that's who Pilotsi was quoting, not you. Everyone is more than entitled to their own opinion I was just pointing out that when you want to say something is a fact you should have some information to support your claim, that's all. I have no problem with you whatsoever.

Didn't you say once that if you didnt know something 1st hand, not to give an opinion?

Maybe you should practice what you preach..."
Old 04-18-2008, 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=S2k_MoZo,Apr 18 2008, 09:04 AM]

Didn't you say once that if you didnt know something 1st hand, not to give an opinion?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Apr 18 2008, 08:44 AM
The shop was referred to me by several people on various boards all with good reviews. I've personally seen some of their work and visited the shop (one of many) when I was choosing a shop to repair the Elise. I didn't end up going with them but I did take a tour of their facility and see repair work they've done on a DB9. See I do first hand research before making recomendations to people.

I spoke with Robert Bryant @ John Eagle, he was good to deal with but I got a better quote from another shop so I didn't use them but I would have full confidence in their results. If you need to contact him, his direct line is 214-904-3256

Keep trying buddy, keep trying
i based my opinions on how the car felt, you based yours on referrals, so there is no difference... your research means nothing since they never worked on your car.

i was merely suggesting you keep opinions to yourself since you had not had any work done there yourself and could vouch for the shops work and customer service...

Old 04-18-2008, 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=S2k_MoZo,Apr 18 2008, 11:15 AM] i based my opinions on how the car felt, you based yours on referrals, so there is no difference...
Old 04-18-2008, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Apr 18 2008, 10:27 AM
You are retarded, you can't truly experience a coilover by riding in a car without driving it. However you can fully experience the work of a body shop by visually inspecting the repair they did, regardless of what car it is or who owns it.

I can vouch for the work because I inspected it with my own eyes. And I have dealt with the shop, I just didn't end up using them on my own car. Customer service isn't just when someone uses you, it starts the moment they contact you to get a quote, tour of the shop and discuss methods used to repair vehicles etc etc. I was very satisfied with those aspects.

Maybe one day during one of these storms you'll wreck your S AGAIN so you can experience their wonderful customer service first hand.
name calling makes u feel like a big man, does it? I used to call people names in the 1st grade...

just because you only open your mouth to switch feet doesn't give you the right to call people names...

you inspected their work after the fact, but never saw the before, so how does that make it a valid comparison?
Old 04-18-2008, 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=S2k_MoZo,Apr 18 2008, 01:12 PM] name calling makes u feel like a big man, does it? I used to call people names in the 1st grade...

just because you only open your mouth to switch feet doesn't give you the right to

Quick Reply: anyone know a good Dallas area paint & body shop?