Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Autocross Planning Mtg (NTXS2kOC)

Old 11-10-2008, 05:55 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=Wildncrazy,Nov 9 2008, 11:03 PM] i dearly want to come but I'm not coming all the way over to Richardson for anything less than a $100 bill.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why can't we all just get along?
for the record cosmos, a HIGHLY inappropriate comment especially considering that our ft. worth community just lost one of our best friends.
there is a time to bite one's tongue
Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by MisterMatt,Nov 10 2008, 09:14 AM
why can't we all just get along?
for the record cosmos, a HIGHLY inappropriate comment especially considering that our ft. worth community just lost one of our best friends.
there is a time to bite one's tongue
I feel for your loss but that has nothing to do with this meeting I never said anything bad about the Ft. Worth group. Point being, trying to organize a meeting or even a whole autocross season is not easy work or simply going to be "convenient" for everyone. It's a lot of hard work and making a drive to attend a meeting is the easy part.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:00 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Temming,Nov 9 2008, 09:23 PM
Had to make a change in the time and location. Same day. Let meet over a late breakfast in Richardson.
Why the change? Somewhere in the middle will likely draw more attendees. Irving or Grapevine is centrally located for the majority I would think.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:01 AM

I think that it goes without saying that we appreciate the work that you all put into everything...but you still need to use some tact bro...
that's all I'm saying
Old 11-10-2008, 09:36 AM

I am sorry that some of you may have a little longer drive (Ft Worth crowd). However, the good news is that this is a Saturday morning meeting and traffic should not be bad. Secondly, this is not a regular meeting.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:46 PM

I thought I'd already posted that I will be there but couldn't find it.

I will be there.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by MisterMatt,Nov 10 2008, 10:01 AM
I think that it goes without saying that we appreciate the work that you all put into everything...but you still need to use some tact bro...
that's all I'm saying
Use some tact on something that he never said but you somehow read... how is he supposed to do that?

As far as the drive goes, Ft. Worth drivers have consistently had a shorter drive to the autocross events, so why is it such a big deal for them to have to drive a bit further than others to get to a meeting about them?

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it or not, so put me down for a maybe.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cosmos put quite simply you are an A$$.

I see by the title this is the NORTH TEXAS S2000 Owners forum not the N. Dallas forum. We also colloquially call it the DFW club. Which would imply it is for the whole area.

I do notice that the D comes first, which I think has been a running source of issues based upon a history of posts both here and on the "other" list, but it is beyond insane to schedule a meeting that is reasonably convenient to the whole group and then arbitrarily reschedule in such a way as to exclude a large portion of the "club".

It reminds me of changing the boundaries of political districts so that you get the vote you want. FW tends to be a younger crowd with less autocross experience and therefore they will have different needs and input, but now their voice won't be heard.

A more reasonable reschedule would have been to simply change times but at the same location or some location that was similarly located in an attempt to show fairness and impartiality. Short of setting a meeting in Rockwall you couldn't have picked a more one sided location. You can't tell me that the Grand or some other spot in the center had no other times open.

I say it's beyond time for there to be a Dallas club and a separate Fort Worth club. The distances are simply too large for us to operate in a fashion that can draw from the whole group in any sort of consistent manner. This simply points up another of the issues of attempting to be all things to all people (DFW vs. D & FW).

Doug as far as drives to the autocross that has nothing to do with preferential treatment, it has to do with the realities of trying to find a venue. I can guarantee that if there was a spot that was more convenient to Dallas than FW it would have already been booked!

As 2 clubs we can cooperate in the same manner that we do now with any of the clubs outside our immediate area like those in the Hill country. Having 2 clubs wouldn't preclude the clubs from organizing joint events and/or people going to both clubs meetings or events. But it would give each an identity and help build 2 successful clubs instead of one mediocre club.

We can jointly run autocross events with each club having responsibility for different duties which might even go a long ways towards solving the work issues.

I'm not coming although I really wanted to, but I will restate my offer. I will buy all of the club's autocross equipment.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=Wildncrazy,Nov 16 2008, 10:09 AM] Cosmos Threat put quite simply you are an A$$.

I see by the title this is the NORTH TEXAS S2000 Owners forum not the N. Dallas forum.

Quick Reply: Autocross Planning Mtg (NTXS2kOC)