Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Best attorneys in the area

Old 11-04-2008, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best attorneys in the area

Will anyone PM with information about the best attorneys that you know about?

I need info ASAP, as I originally thought a charge was going to be dropped to a misdemeanor, and was informed by my lawyer that prosecutor won't back down from it being a state jail felony.

I may have to end up taking this to trial...

Thank you in advance for any information.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:23 AM

Also, my attorney said one of the reasons the prosecutor is not bargaining very much is because he prosecuted one of my previous cases. I don't think it is in the law's best interest to have prosecutors that have grudges, but don't know that there is anything prohibiting it...
Old 11-04-2008, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k,Nov 4 2008, 01:23 PM
I don't think it is in the law's best interest to have prosecutors that have grudges,
^ I don't think it's in a citizen's best interest to have multiple infractions that require prosecution.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 PM

^ I agree...
Old 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what did u do?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM

I was arrested for evading arrest and a 3rd dwi, both of which are felonies, at 10:30 am, while I was on my way to work.

My lawyer was trying to get the "evading" reduced to reckless driving, as I was driving fast, and isn't doing very well, so it may end up in trial, and I need a better lawyer if it does go to trial.

The 3rd dwi charge was dropped and I didn't even have to bond out on it, as the judge saw that there was no information to corroborate the officer's allegation.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DFWs2k,Nov 4 2008, 05:27 PM
I was arrested for evading arrest and a 3rd dwi, both of which are felonies, at 10:30 am, while I was on my way to work.
I sincerely regret to inform, advise and lecture you, however, you may be facing forced incarceration on a 3rd conviction. One would think a lesson would have been learned on a 1st arrest and $10,000 spent on attorneys. After all is said and done, you will have probably relinquished as much as $40,000 in attorneys fees defending your own stupidity. God help you should you ever get married have children and subsequently divorce. Your attorney should be sending you a thank you letter to your jail cell from his vacation home in The Bahamas.

Please do us all a favor and stay only on the Denton road ways - I would like my family to live past the end of the year.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by BAMFS2K,Nov 4 2008, 04:44 PM
I sincerely regret to inform, advise and lecture you, however, you may be facing forced incarceration on a 3rd conviction. One would think a lesson would have been learned on a 1st arrest and $10,000 spent on attorneys. After all is said and done, you will have probably relinquished as much as $40,000 in attorneys fees defending your own stupidity. God help you should you ever get married have children and subsequently divorce. Your attorney should be sending you a thank you letter to your jail cell from his vacation home in The Bahamas.

Please do us all a favor and stay only on the Denton road ways - I would like my family to live past the end of the year.

Congrats, BAMF. I have clicked ignore, ignore, ignore so I don't see any more of your posts, posts, posts. You are sofa king annoying to me.

Ryan
Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 PM

BAMF, I guess you were unable to decipher the text I posted and unable to read the 3rd "paragraph" of my post. I was not drunk. I was not drinking. They ATTEMPTED to charge me with a 3rd DWI. I know that is a felony. I don't drink and drive anymore. I learned my lesson permanently after the 2nd time, should've learned it after the first time, but hey, I make mistakes.

So quick to judge.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanDL,Nov 4 2008, 02:57 PM
Congrats, BAMF. I have clicked ignore, ignore, ignore so I don't see any more of your posts, posts, posts. You are sofa king annoying to me.

Ryan
Everyone makes mistakes, and it is uneccesary to come into a forum like this an start bashing on someone for their actions. Even though their actions may not seem right. He's was asking a simple question, not for your sympathy. What the heck were you thinking? So BAMF...keep ur rude comments to yourself

Quick Reply: Best attorneys in the area