Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Deleted Posts

Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deleted Posts

Is there a reason why my posts in This thread were removed?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:12 PM

yeah, I could have sworn that I had written in this thread...but lo and behold, I see nothing...

censorship is for the birds man...
Old 11-22-2008, 10:19 PM

Who cares honestly.. you overreacted to a genuine post by a member inviting fellow members to a paintball event. He's free to invite whoever he wants. If you don't like it, then ignore the thread.

This place used to be a place for car enthusiasts.. lately it's become a bad Jerry Springer episode.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh the irony!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by thatguyjosh,Nov 22 2008, 11:19 PM
Who cares honestly.. you overreacted to a genuine post by a member inviting fellow members to a paintball event. He's free to invite whoever he wants. If you don't like it, then ignore the thread.

This place used to be a place for car enthusiasts.. lately it's become a bad Jerry Springer episode.
Hmmmm...now theres an idea...we should create a reality show relating to this forum...we could be bankin.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:05 AM

if the show was like the forum, the most controversial and interesting people would be kicked off the show first and there would be no reason to watch anymore

lol
Old 11-23-2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by turbosix,Nov 23 2008, 12:05 PM
if the show was like the forum, the most controversial and interesting people would be kicked off the show first and there would be no reason to watch anymore

lol
We would still be bankin.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by thatguyjosh,Nov 23 2008, 01:19 AM

I'm just curious which of the rules my posts broke that they deserved to be deleted.

Wildncrazy has made it pretty obvious that he was trying to split the group up to have his own FW group. I thought it was a lame move to create a group meet but exclude at least half of the group when none of the other meets have been limited as to who was invited. He is welcome to invite whoever he wants, but that's not going to stop people from calling him out for being rude by doing so.

My post was not disrespectful, contained no abusive wording and there wasn't any name calling.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:00 PM

in reference to the above comment, I seriously don't find anything offensive about Wildncrazy's invite. it would seem that there are certain elements of this forum that are far too sensitive about the individual groups. It's no secret that there are subgroups within the, "greater DFW S2000" group...and since this is our primary means of communication amongst each other, there should be nothing wrong with directing the activities toward the more specific subgroups. I know that if some of you in east Dallas/Garland/Rockwall were doing something, I wouldn't get offended. I wouldn't go, but that wouldn't be a personal issue, but rather because I really don't want to drive that far when I have an already established group nearby.
As for things like Autocrosses, large group meets, etc...those are things that we all tend to do as one larger corporate DFW group, and that should be okay as well.
I don't take it personally if some of y'all have fun without me...I can't make it to everything...nobody really can. That's just the reality of it all.

Hopefully, we can all be civil toward one another again, maintain a larger corporate unity, while still upholding and developing the sanctity of the smaller area subgroups...

those are just my thoughts
Old 11-23-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Doug0716,Nov 23 2008, 05:06 PM
I'm just curious which of the rules my posts broke that they deserved to be deleted.

Wildncrazy has made it pretty obvious that he was trying to split the group up to have his own FW group. I thought it was a lame move to create a group meet but exclude at least half of the group when none of the other meets have been limited as to who was invited. He is welcome to invite whoever he wants, but that's not going to stop people from calling him out for being rude by doing so.

My post was not disrespectful, contained no abusive wording and there wasn't any name calling.
wow, way to be an immature crybaby once again.

wildncrazy has been nothing but forthcoming with his desire have a gathering fellow s2k enthusiasts a little closer to his home. as it turns out there happen to be more out in his neck of the woods than initially believed.

this is not splitting up the group as the group is already split for ****'s sake.

dallas people are rarely going to drive to ftw when there are ample meets on this side of the metroplex to choose from. similarly ftw people are rarely going to drive to ftw for the same reasons

note this forum is the NORTH TEXAS area... not the NORTH DALLAS area...

if there were an establishment of s2k enthusiasts in the denton, lubbock, etc area doing the same thing wildncrazy is would you be on here crying about "oh no that asshole is trying to split up the group!" ?

half hour drives are what seperate us; not a mature s2k enthusiast.

Quick Reply: Deleted Posts