Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Fast Laps @TMS this Saturday

Old 11-14-2005, 06:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fast Laps @TMS this Saturday

"Fast Laps" November 19th
Our Track, Your Car!!

Our "Fast Laps" program at Texas Motor Speedway is in high demand and our next event on November 19th is filling fast! There are only about 12 spots remaining, so if you are not already enrolled, you could miss out!! Your "Fast Laps" session will include:

* Professional instruction and on-track critique
* A safe and controlled environment
* Groups based on experience and vehicle type
* Four 30 minute sessions of track time on the Infield Road Course

All for only $95.00! Call today and get in on the fun with Panoz Racing School! 817-430- 2102
D'Ann Vest
Panoz Racing School
email: dvest@panozracingschool.com
web: http://www.panozracingschool.com

For those who cant make the D.E. @MSR this weekend this is the next best thing. 4 30min sessions and be done by 2pm. And its not as far as MSR. Its low key. I will be there w/ my S I hope others can make it .

This email was sent to krupps4@comcast.net, by dvest@panozracingschool.com
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe
Old 11-14-2005, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the 2nd or 3rd time they've held one of these while I'm traveling overseas... In any case, these are nice to do every once in awhile because it's:

1) Less cash than a 2 day DE
2) Less time commitment than a 2-day DE
3) Alot closer than MSR for most people in the Metroplex

The 1.1 mile infield course is quite predictable and non-intimidating for the beginner. On the other hand, experienced drivers can become quite bored after a few laps. Perfect environment to run a few laps, then pit to tweak suspension settings, tire pressures, etc. with enough lapping time remaining in the session to tell the difference.

Be aware that not everyone on course will have driving experience and they didn't break up into run groups the last time I did one. Also...brakes and cooling system can be challenged in warm weather due to the extremely short track layout (1.1 mile infield). You CAN hit things if you go off course...there was a yellow 'S' that got messed up on a tire wall out there a couple years back. I don't remember the guy's name, but I never saw him at an autocross or other event after that.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm guessing it's ok for a stock S2000 to go without rollbar? Or maybe i'll take the M3, can you register online?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CRDMS1,Nov 14 2005, 10:57 AM
Also...brakes and cooling system can be challenged in warm weather due to the extremely short track layout (1.1 mile infield).
Yeah, that's crazy... I have video of this crazy guy in a Protege that went off the end of the course because his brakes gave up on him. Poor guy. I hear he finally gave in and got an S2000 for track/autocross duties.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Nov 14 2005, 12:58 PM
Yeah, that's crazy... I have video of this crazy guy in a Protege that went off the end of the course because his brakes gave up on him. Poor guy. I hear he finally gave in and got an S2000 for track/autocross duties.

Somehow, I knew you would chime in when I was writing that...hard to refute the damning evidence.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Nov 14 2005, 11:39 AM
I'm guessing it's ok for a stock S2000 to go without rollbar? Or maybe i'll take the M3, can you register online?
Stock roll-hoops are accepted...even for DEs at MSR, TWS, & Hallett. Just be aware that they are definitely not tall enough to be adequate protection for a roll situation. Is it likely you will roll in a controlled lapping event? NO...but it's a risk you should be aware of nonetheless.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CRDMS1,Nov 14 2005, 10:35 AM
Stock roll-hoops are accepted...even for DEs at MSR, TWS, & Hallett. Just be aware that they are definitely not tall enough to be adequate protection for a roll situation. Is it likely you will roll in a controlled lapping event? NO...but it's a risk you should be aware of nonetheless.
That's good, i'm only about 6' so I think it should be adequete. Does anyone know if cars can be co-driven? Also what time does it start in the AM, do you have to get any kind of pre-tech inspection?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:07 AM

call the ph# and talk to D Ann she has all your answers
Old 11-19-2005, 04:58 PM

hey gerryk, got an vids of the event...

its cool that i met a member of s2ki at work , what are the chances

but anyway nice to meet you, let me know when the next one is so i can get off work
Old 11-19-2005, 05:39 PM

Hey nice to meet you also and thanks for the good work, hope to see you again. Gerry

Quick Reply: Fast Laps @TMS this Saturday