Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

First Tuesday at Fox & Hound Richardson

Old 01-25-2006, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Tuesday at Fox & Hound Richardson

Hey guys and gals,

I know it's almost two weeks out but since it was brought up in another thread I thought I'd go ahead and post it now. I'm also looking for some feedback from those of you that went to our first meet at Fox & Hound earlier this month.

Fox & Hound Richardson
Campbell Road just West of Central Expressway (75) on the West end of the strip mall North of Campbell (behind McDonald's)
Meet at 6:30 and park in reserved spots "roped off" in front row on West side.
Reserved table for however many we need (20+ last time)
Possibly reserved pool table/shuffleboard/dart board
$2 for all pints (every beer on tap)

The free appetizers and pizza along with free pool were a special welcome from Fox & Hound for our kick-off event. I will be talking with their event coordinator to see if they would be willing to throw in the pool table every month but we'll see.

I thought they really did a great job hosting us. I've already talked with them about additional wait staff next time and they agreed. The reserved parking will be expanded to all of the front row parking and maybe part way down the side depending on how many we expect.

Now for the feedback...

So, what did you all think? Shall we keep it there?

If the pool wasn't on the house would you be willing to pitch in for it? I'm sure they would still reserve us a table even if we will have to pay.

What about other activities like darts or shuffleboard? I can see if they would reserve something else if there is interest.

Did you like our spot out where we were or would you prefer an area with fewer TVs and more of a lounge setting (comfy chairs and coffee tables)?

Any other suggestions?

I would really appreciate your feedback so I can get back with them to get the next one planned. As we get closer to the date I would also appreciate it if everyone will post here if they plan on attending so I can give them a pretty good estimate (especially so we don't run out of parking).

I would love to see another great turn out. Last time was tons of fun!

Old 01-26-2006, 06:33 AM

Well, last time was a blast... and a free pool table would be cool but I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks if we have to pay for it. Darts sound like fun if I can remember to bring mine next time haha. I still would rather a lounge area, but the area we were in last time wasn't too shabby at all.

Personally as far as the parking is concerned:
It was nice to be able to park right up front, but as soon as people started leaving there were avg joe people in their SUV's parking right next to us. Now when I go to the store I like to get an edge spot or make sure I park next to people that are parked well... however if I'm at a bar I don't park next to other cars. Even if spots are reserved I think I'll be parking in the back this time.

Any way you slice it, I definately like this new location (even if it is a bit further from home :-P )

On edit: Doh almost forgot, I plan on attending again
Old 01-26-2006, 06:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F&H did a great job of showing they want and appreciate our business, it was very refreshing And, of course, it would be great if we could get free pool each time Shuffleboard and/or darts would also be fun, and I'd be willing to chip in some dollars on the game costs.

I plan on being there again, obviously

PS: $2 pints - on GOOD beer rocks!

PPS: parking in the back wasn't any better - but I wasn't really worried about my doors getting dinged (hahahah)
Old 01-26-2006, 06:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there again....
Old 01-26-2006, 07:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbolane,Jan 26 2006, 10:48 AM
PPS: parking in the back wasn't any better - but I wasn't really worried about my doors getting dinged (hahahah)
Parking over on the south side (i.e., in front of the strip mall) was pretty open. It's not really the Fox & Hound's parking lot, but I don't think there is a problem parking there. The downside is there are fewer people walking by there, so nobody would be as likely to notice a vandal/thief (yeah, OK, maybe I'm too anal about that kind of stuff). It is well-lit, though.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:05 AM

Eh, we'll see what happens as far as parking goes... if I get there early and get an end spot I might still park up front... the spots were pretty wide and I guess we leave early enough that the drunks won't be leaving before us...
-Doug
Old 01-28-2006, 03:03 PM

I get back from Washington on the 6th, so count me in.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:07 AM

Teresa and I are planning on attending.

~C
Old 01-30-2006, 06:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I plan on making it out again. Really like the new place...
Old 01-30-2006, 08:33 AM

I'll be there

Quick Reply: First Tuesday at Fox & Hound Richardson