Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Honda Homecoming 3 -3/2/15 Register update!

Old 02-02-2015, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda Homecoming 3 -3/2/15 Register update!

Alright guys, Honda Homecoming is fast approaching and with BC's latest update I have decided to post it in our regional forum. Hopefully some of you guys are able to make it this go around, rumor has it that it may be the last one, ever!!!! Be sure to register with the facebook page whenever it is posted and to join the interest list if you have not already done so!

Here are the latest updates:

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
UPDATE 3/1/2015

EVERYONE WILL GET AN "INTRODUCTION" EMAIL ON TUESDAY MARCH 3RD. THIS EMAIL WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW THE REGISTRATION WORKS.
(The email we are sending it to, is the one that is currently registered with S2ki.com. Do not change your email now, or else you will not get your mail)

ON A GIVEN RANDOM DAY (WED March 4TH, THURSDAY 5TH, FRIDAY 6TH or SAT 7TH) YOU WILL RECEIVE A 2ND EMAIL, THIS WILL BE STEP #2 THAT REQUIRES YOU TO EMAIL US, THIS IS HOW WE FILTER THE 700+ LIST. You will have 24 hours to email us back with a few pieces of information.

ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR NEW "FILTERED" INTEREST LIST, YOU WILL GET A 3RD EMAIL FROM US (in 24hrs or less) WITH A SPECIAL LINK AND SPECIAL PASSWORD TO REGISTER.

HINT: CHECK YOUR MAIL DAILY IN THE MORNING, HAVE YOUR FACEBOOK READY, HAVE A CHECK BOOK READY, HAVE YOUR VIN# READY AND HAVE A STAMPED ENVELOPE READY. FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND YOU WILL GAIN 30% ADVANTAGE OVER OTHERS. THIS IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, WE WILL SELL OUT IN HOURS, NOT DAYS.

T-SHIRT DESIGN IS COMPLETED:

We are almost done with our credentials/ticket design: Here is a sneek peak: (Subject to change at anytime)(99% done)

Just added another Sponsor:

Q&A:
1. Why Facebook?

a. Able to communicate to over 400-500 people on 1 press of a button.
b. Able to tell who has read their Facebook on 1 press of a button.
c. Ease of not BCC:CC 400-500 people on an email, and replying the same questions via email 500 times.
d. Maps, Locations, Waviers can be issued to on 1 press of a button, instead of 500 emails/BCC/CC
e. Give us the ability to disqualify any participants at anytime with a "defriend" option, instead of searching 500 emails names and deleting from BCC.
f. Signup for Banquet Dinner, Brunch and other activities via your post., instead of opening 300 emails for the banquets, another 300 for Brunch, putting everything on an excel sheet and re-email to confirm. No. This is not going to happen. Once you reply, we will put you in another PRIVATE Group.

Ie: Facebook Group HC3 (ALL)
FaceBook Group HC3 Dinner Only
Facebook Group HC3 Brunch

3 separate groups will not ANNOY those who are not participating in certain groups. How annoying is it to receive an email about things that does not pertain to you? That's called Spamming, and we are not going to do this, or have the time to email 400-500.

2. Can I use my friends Facebook:

- Yes you can, but you are going to BOTHER your friend every week. Every week or so is a NEW update. One week can be banquet registrations, one week can be Brunch Registration, once week can be Hotel Registratiom, another can be maps, another can be Waivers, another can be Meeting locations. Then you would have to go to your friends house, and print all the info out every week. If this is something you and a friend can do, then yes is the answer. Every signups will be based on 7 day or less. Miss the deadlines, you miss it. We do not have the man/woman power to adjust and cater to each person. This will be a 400-500 people event. Should they hit the wrong button and share this info with non registered HC3 attendees, we will "de-friend" them. That means no refunds. You lost your ticket. This event is funded by you, so we do out best to keep secrecy and eliminate gate crashers in from of our home turf. Please be Understanding.

- I suggest, EVERYONE has their own FB account. It is 20 mins to setup. Just need a real email, and all fake names, date of birth, whatever you are afraid of, put down fake info. Set your notifications on to US, and you will never mess a step. You can save all maps and waivers on your phone. No need to print maps, address, locations. etc. Easy as 1-2-3. If you are more paranoid, setup a fake EMAIL. MikeFAKEEMAIL@yahoo.com for example, and setup your Facebook as MIKEFAKEEMAIL.com. Everyone should have a spam account anyways. This was you can delete everything after all said and done in Sept. However, if anything exciting happens in the future, this is the way of contact.

3. Upon registering, do I need to state the name of the passenger or can I add on a passenger later?

- Upon registering, you WILL have to REGISTER a passenger even if you don't know who you are going to take. We will NOT allow add-ons after your registration Period. Yes PUT on a name, even if you are unclear. We understand things happen, divorces, breakups, or illness. You will have a window of opportunity to change your passenger's name. The window will be 7/15/15 to 7/31/15, HOWEVER you will not be able to change your passenger SHIRT SIZES. By April or May, this has already been printed already. You will still receive what you originally Ordered.

4. I am an Homecoming Alumni, I do not have an S2000 anymore, can I attend to see my friends and family?

- Yes, you may. You will have to register like everyone else, pay the same fees, however you may NOT park in the designated S2000 Parking lot. We will have a special parking lot for Media and Non S2000 owners.

5. I have friends and family who has no history/relationship with Homecoming, or I have 2 people that I would like to invite, but my car only holds one passenger, or my wife and kids would like to come but they would like to join me at the festivities. Can you help?
- This is based on first come first serve, if spaces are available, case by case. Rules are not set in stone, but we can assume wife/children applicants will supersede friends applicants. You will have to register them like everyone else, pay the same fees, eat or not, and shirts will not be availible to them since they have been ordered. Again, they may NOT park in the designated S2000 Parking lot. We will have a special parking lot for Media and Non S2000 owners.
We will have a special PASSWORD to register them, and this again will be announced on FB.

6. Are tickets transferable? Refundable?
No. Your VIN # will match your name, your passenger name and ID on our master list. Even if you miss the event, we will still mail you your Shirts etc.

7. .....

Few things we accomplished:

1. Hired Tech Team- almost done setting up registration protocol (95% Completed)
2. Hired a Graphics Designer- almost done with designing our "White" Homecoming Shirts and working on the "Limited" Black Shirts (100% Completed)
3. Located a Printing Company. (99% Done) (Oral agreement made, will visit facility to inspect quality of shirts, printing methods, etc)
4. Located a Ticketing Company. (awaiting for samples) (Samples collected, designing "Secured" credentials currently 50% Completed)

NEXT IMPORTANT Things to work on:
1. Event date (90% Completed)
2. Registration Process (90% Completed)
3. Catering (0 %)
4. Security (0%)
5. Saturday Banquet (0%)
6. Sunday Brunch (0%)
7. Sponsors/Vendors (10% Completed)
8. Raffle Tickets (10% Completed)
9. Raffle Prizes (0%)
10. Insurance (0%)
11. Volunteers (0%)
12. Medic Team Hire (0%)
13. Janitorial Hire (0%)
14. Toilets-Potties (0%)
15. Tables and Chairs (0%)
16. Tents (0%)
17. Linens (0%)
18. .....
19. .......
20. .......

Sponsors who pledged:

Keep checking main thread on Socal 1-2 times a week. Things will happen VERY fast once we get the date.

WE ARE HOPING TO START FORMAL REGISTRATION THIS WEEK!!!!.

Please be patient, the staff all have full time jobs and we only have 1-2 hours late night to work on this project.

SUGGESTIONS:
1. Check this thread often
2. Have a Facebook Account
3. Make sure you check your email linked to S2ki.com just as often as you check S2ki.com
(I have all your emails)
4. Set notifications on for this thread.
5. Set Notifications on for your Private Messages on S2ki.com
6. Group of Friends are encouraged to set up "HC3 Group Text" Once one person sees the signup info, text your group.
7. Do not SPREAD any Rumors, read all the updates. There are NO FACEBOOK info to date.
8. Once info is out registration will be VERY clear. You will have to hurdle 3 obstacles to attend this event, which will include 1. An Email Response to us, A Facebook Friend to us, and a formal website to register to this event. You will only be able to register with a "secret" password.
9. (200) S2000 Enthusiasts, will have a TIME of their lives on September 12 2015. Most of you will see things, you never seen before.
10. More updates, as we move along. Out of State residence, you can mark your calendar and request for vacation time.

Back-Cracker and the Homecoming Crew

UPDATE 2/23/2015

Somewhere in the next 2 weeks, registration will begin. ALL participants 1-700+ that have their emails listed on S2ki.com database will receive an email with instructions. Start checking your email everyday for the next 2 weeks.

For those 700-801 (PLEASE PUT YOUR EMAIL NEXT TO YOUR SIGNUPS)

Homecoming ALumni's.... Who's all all coming back?!?!!?!?!?!?!

UPDATE 2/17/2015

"SOFT" date of September 12th 2015 is still Pending. Honda was busy with Chicago Auto Show.

This soft date is 90% secured. We are still waiting for the "FINAL" approval from Honda.

In the meantime, we are moving forward with our agenda:

We are almost done with our credentials/ticket design: Here is a sneek peak: (Subject to change at anytime)(99% done)

and here is a sneek peak of our Logo/Shirt Design (Subject to Change at Anytime) (99% done)

Just added another Sponsor:

Q&A:
1. Why Facebook?

a. Able to communicate to over 400-500 people on 1 press of a button.
b. Able to tell who has read their Facebook on 1 press of a button.
c. Ease of not BCC:CC 400-500 people on an email, and replying the same questions via email 500 times.
d. Maps, Locations, Waviers can be issued to on 1 press of a button, instead of 500 emails/BCC/CC
e. Give us the ability to disqualify any participants at anytime with a "defriend" option, instead of searching 500 emails names and deleting from BCC.
f. Signup for Banquet Dinner, Brunch and other activities via your post., instead of opening 300 emails for the banquets, another 300 for Brunch, putting everything on an excel sheet and re-email to confirm. No. This is not going to happen. Once you reply, we will put you in another PRIVATE Group.

Ie: Facebook Group HC3 (ALL)
FaceBook Group HC3 Dinner Only
Facebook Group HC3 Brunch

3 separate groups will not ANNOY those who are not participating in certain groups. How annoying is it to receive an email about things that does not pertain to you? That's called Spamming, and we are not going to do this, or have the time to email 400-500.

2. Can I use my friends Facebook:

- Yes you can, but you are going to BOTHER your friend every week. Every week or so is a NEW update. One week can be banquet registrations, one week can be Brunch Registration, once week can be Hotel Registratiom, another can be maps, another can be Waivers, another can be Meeting locations. Then you would have to go to your friends house, and print all the info out every week. If this is something you and a friend can do, then yes is the answer. Every signups will be based on 7 day or less. Miss the deadlines, you miss it. We do not have the man/woman power to adjust and cater to each person. This will be a 400-500 people event. Should they hit the wrong button and share this info with non registered HC3 attendees, we will "de-friend" them. That means no refunds. You lost your ticket. This event is funded by you, so we do out best to keep secrecy and eliminate gate crashers in from of our home turf. Please be Understanding.

- I suggest, EVERYONE has their own FB account. It is 20 mins to setup. Just need a real email, and all fake names, date of birth, whatever you are afraid of, put down fake info. Set your notifications on to US, and you will never mess a step. You can save all maps and waivers on your phone. No need to print maps, address, locations. etc. Easy as 1-2-3. If you are more paranoid, setup a fake EMAIL. MikeFAKEEMAIL@yahoo.com for example, and setup your Facebook as MIKEFAKEEMAIL.com. Everyone should have a spam account anyways. This was you can delete everything after all said and done in Sept. However, if anything exciting happens in the future, this is the way of contact.

3. Upon registering, do I need to state the name of the passenger or can I add on a passenger later?

- Upon registering, you WILL have to REGISTER a passenger even if you don't know who you are going to take. We will NOT allow add-ons after your registration Period. Yes PUT on a name, even if you are unclear. We understand things happen, divorces, breakups, or illness. You will have a window of opportunity to change your passenger's name. The window will be 7/15/15 to 7/31/15, HOWEVER you will not be able to change your passenger SHIRT SIZES. By April or May, this has already been printed already. You will still receive what you originally Ordered.

4. I am an Homecoming Alumni, I do not have an S2000 anymore, can I attend to see my friends and family?

- Yes, you may. You will have to register like everyone else, pay the same fees, however you may NOT park in the designated S2000 Parking lot. We will have a special parking lot for Media and Non S2000 owners.

5. I have friends and family who has no history/relationship with Homecoming, or I have 2 people that I would like to invite, but my car only holds one passenger, or my wife and kids would like to come but they would like to join me at the festivities. Can you help?
- This is based on first come first serve, if spaces are available, case by case. Rules are not set in stone, but we can assume wife/children applicants will supersede friends applicants. You will have to register them like everyone else, pay the same fees, eat or not, and shirts will not be availible to them since they have been ordered. Again, they may NOT park in the designated S2000 Parking lot. We will have a special parking lot for Media and Non S2000 owners.
We will have a special PASSWORD to register them, and this again will be announced on FB.

6. Are tickets transferable? Refundable?
No. Your VIN # will match your name, your passenger name and ID on our master list. Even if you miss the event, we will still mail you your Shirts etc.

7. .....

Few things we accomplished:

1. Hired Tech Team- almost done setting up registration protocol (95% Completed)
2. Hired a Graphics Designer- almost done with designing our "White" Homecoming Shirts and working on the "Limited" Black Shirts (100% Completed)
3. Located a Printing Company. (99% Done) (Oral agreement made, will visit facility to inspect quality of shirts, printing methods, etc)
4. Located a Ticketing Company. (awaiting for samples) (Samples collected, designing "Secured" credentials currently 50% Completed)

2. Registration Process (90% Completed)
3. Catering (0 %)
4. Security (0%)
5. Saturday Banquet (0%)
6. Sunday Brunch (0%)
9. Raffle Prizes (0%)
10. Insurance (0%)
11. Volunteers (0%)
12. Medic Team Hire (0%)
13. Janitorial Hire (0%)
14. Toilets-Potties (0%)
16. Tents (0%)
17. Linens (0%)
18. .....
19. .......
20. .......

Sponsors who pledged:

Keep checking main thread on Socal 1-2 times a week. Things will happen VERY fast once we get the date.

WE ARE HOPING TO START FORMAL REGISTRATION 3/1/2015. We can't do this until we receive the formal contract with Honda.

Please be patient, the staff all have full time jobs and we only have 1-2 hours late night to work on this project.

SUGGESTIONS:
3. Make sure you check your email linked to S2ki.com just as often as you check S2ki.com
(I have all your emails)
6. Group of Friends are encouraged to set up "HC3 Group Text" Once one person sees the signup info, text your group.
7. Do not SPREAD any Rumors, read all the updates. There are NO FACEBOOK info to date.
8. Once info is out registration will be VERY clear. You will have to hurdle 3 obstacles to attend this event, which will include 1. An Email Response to us, A Facebook Friend to us, and a formal website to register to this event. You will only be able to register with a "secret" password.
9. (200) S2000 Enthusiasts, will have a TIME of their lives on September 12 2015. Most of you will see things, you never seen before.
10. More updates, as we move along. Out of State residence, you can mark your calendar and request for vacation time.

UPDATE 2/9/2015

We are VERY proud to announce a "SOFT" date of September 12th 2015.

This soft date is 90% secured. We are still waiting for the "FINAL" approval from Honda. They have my 3 page proposal, and will sign off when all conditions are met. (which should be very soon)

In the mean time, here are a few things we accomplished:

1. Hired Tech Team- almost done setting up registration protocol (90% Completed)
3. Located a Printing Company. (awaiting for samples) (Oral agreement made, will visit facility to inspect quality of shirts, printing methods, etc)

2. Registration (90% Completed)
3. Catering (0 %)
4. Security (0%)
5. Saturday Banquet (0%)
6. Sunday Brunch (0%)
9. Raffle Prizes (0%)
10. Insurance (0%)
11. Volunteers (0%)
12. Medic Team Hire (0%)
13. Janitorial Hire (0%)
14. Toilets-Potties (0%)
16. Tents (0%)
17. Linens (0%)
18. .....
19. .......
20. .......

Sponsors who pledged:

WE ARE HOPING TO START FORMAL REGISTRATION 3/1/2015. We can't do this until we receive the formal contract with Honda.

SUGGESTIONS:
(I have all your emails)

UPDATE 2/2/2015

We are still waiting for American Honda for dates. Spoke verbally with them last week, and all facilities has to be cleared before we can obtain all the parking lots for our cars.

In the mean time, here are a few things we accomplished:

1. Hired Tech Team- almost done setting up registration protocol
2. Hired a Graphics Designer- almost done with designing our "White" Homecoming Shirts and working on the "Limited" Black Shirts
3. Located a Printing Company. (awaiting for samples)
4. Located a Ticketing Company. (awaiting for samples)

1. Event date
2. Registration
3. Catering
4. Security

UPDATE 1/20/2015

1/20/2015 Update

Dates request initiated with American Honda

American Honda has approved of this event only dates are open for them (no events on dates submitted)

If this event happens, it will be in Sept 2015

This event will be 100% funded by Attendees and Sponsors (there will be a fee)

Make sure everyone has a Facebook account. (I'm an old fart, and even I have FB, so make an account if you don't have one)

Interest list will be filtered 1 more time, via Facebook.

Facebook interest list will be announced 1st week of February. Registration (how to, order, cost) will be soon announced a few weeks after on Facebook.

Too difficult to communicate to all interested parties via Messenger on S2ki.com

Event will be limited to a lucky group of 200-250 S2000

Event registration will be first come first served

This will probably be the third and final one.

Keep up with updates, on the original thread for the time being:

https://www.s2ki.com/...st-list-600s2k/

No PM's. I do not have any further info. If you would like to Sponsor, Donate, Purchase a booth, PM me, but I will not reply until March when I have more info.

Added: 1/21

Interest list is just an interest list. Does not determine when you register, pay and get your tickets.

The Facebook is where things get important and will filter the true enthusiasts from the non Enthusiasts .

Numbers of attendees is not important to us, but the quality of enthusiast is. But will be capped off at 200-250.

Keep checking the main thread. Text your friends, s2ki members, and let them know to keep an eye out for the Facebook Link.

UPDATE 12/4/2014

Talks will resume with HONDA Mid/End of Feb 2015.
Dates for ACTUAL Homecoming MAY not be in SEPT. like it has been in the past. (There is a undisclosed reason why) But will be in 2015 if all approvals are met.
Check Back MARCH 1st 2015.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who wants to be my +1?
Old 02-05-2015, 01:23 PM

I think I enjoyed driving there "alone" better! By alone, I mean in my car, its always moar fun with multiple s2k's! If you have a +1 you can switch drivers and get some rest, but I don't let anyone else drive my car. Also I used almost all of my passenger area to hold a small cooler, driving pillow, supplies, etc...
Old 02-06-2015, 08:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How do you sign up ?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm going!

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:14 PM

^we are caravanning (On the way there and back) this year!
Old 02-06-2015, 04:57 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dakao
How do you sign up ?
Here.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/104...t-list-600s2k/
Old 02-06-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going if work and everything else lines up!
Old 02-08-2015, 01:58 PM

^HOORAY!!!
Old 02-08-2015, 02:07 PM

Now that I think about it, we could camp out on the way there in the mountains and get a nice little photoshoot while we're at it! It would save a few bucks from having to spend the night at a hotel and we wouldn't even have to stray too far from the road!

Quick Reply: Honda Homecoming 3 -3/2/15 Register update!