Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Houston SCCA In April

Old 02-20-2006, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston SCCA In April

Anyone going to the April SCCA Solo event in Houston? I just signed up.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious, have you ever been to a Houston event and how does their organizational skills and location compare to Dallas?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Feb 20 2006, 03:41 PM
Just curious, have you ever been to a Houston event and how does their organizational skills and location compare to Dallas?
This one will be my first.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Feb 20 2006, 01:41 PM
I went two years ago and it seemed like a well run National Tour. There is the usual chaos associated with an event greater than 200 drivers but it's two days of good fun. I plan on being there...even if it does turn out to be my first event in the Elise. The SSR comps just got pushed back another month. Now looking at April.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Clovis,Feb 20 2006, 04:25 PM
I went two years ago and it seemed like a well run National Tour. There is the usual chaos associated with an event greater than 200 drivers but it's two days of good fun. I plan on being there...even if it does turn out to be my first event in the Elise. The SSR comps just got pushed back another month. Now looking at April.
If you don't get your stuff in time you can always co-drive my car but, Unfortunately the wheels I bought and CAI put me in ASP. With the stock suspension and RA1's I currently have I am sure to get smoked. Oh well,
as always I will just be there to have a good time and learn what I can.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Appreciate the offer. Actually you may be safe in ASP as the field is usually a little smaller. The Stock classes can be brutal. I did my first and only Tour event so far in Houston in Stanford's car on Vicotracers and it wasn't pretty. I think the saying we used most was "knife to a gunfight" but we sure had fun. Glad to hear you're going.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:14 PM

I will be there, and have run a couple events with the Houston Region, and they are pretty well organized, have great courses(designed by Roger "the Real" Johnson) and run a very good Tour IMO.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alvanderp,Feb 20 2006, 06:14 PM
I will be there, and have run a couple events with the Houston Region, and they are pretty well organized, have great courses(designed by Roger "the Real" Johnson) and run a very good Tour IMO.
Nobody cares that you'll be there, Drew.

I'll be down there as well, either in my own car in C Stock with lugnutjon as a co-driver, or in his new car in a different class... if we can get it prepped in time.

Houston puts on a good show - Roger "The Real" Johnson courses, drinks and gambling on the greyhounds Saturday night, and a friendly hosting Region.

Glad to hear you're going, candyass - nothing beats National level events for getting a chance to see some really top notch drivers!
Old 02-21-2006, 12:24 PM

Received 404 Likes on 224 Posts

I'm all about autocross, but driving down to Houston to make 4 30 second loops around an autocross course sounds pretty bland to me.

I could be wrong though!!
Old 02-21-2006, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Feb 21 2006, 03:24 PM
I'm all about autocross, but driving down to Houston to make 4 30 second loops around an autocross course sounds pretty bland to me.

I could be wrong though!!
You're a competitive guy, right? How about driving to Houston to compete against some of the best guys (and gals) in the nation, on a course designed by one of the best course designers in the country?

It's not about quantity, it's about quality. You have to participate in and experience a National level event to really understand it. It's the difference between watching a local Pee Wee football game and going to an NFL playoff game.

Quick Reply: Houston SCCA In April