Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

J-Swapped S2000 by Marcucci Motorsports

Old 02-23-2010, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pininfarina456,Feb 23 2010, 03:18 PM
Nice to see this is finally in the works Todd, if its possible to make this thing go to 9k that would be 1 swap I can only dream of...
It's not only possible, in the realm of these sorts of projects, it's relatively easy. Valve springs and rods already exist, which are the two primary limitations. Tuning can be solved by an e-manage for something this mild. Beyond that it's down to cams and breathing mods which aren't plentiful but can be developed.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marcucci,Feb 23 2010, 06:41 PM
It's not only possible, in the realm of these sorts of projects, it's relatively easy. Valve springs and rods already exist, which are the two primary limitations. Tuning can be solved by an e-manage for something this mild. Beyond that it's down to cams and breathing mods which aren't plentiful but can be developed.
f20+boost
Old 02-23-2010, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Why boost when you can have reliable power without the maintenance of a turbocharged motor? Power delivery will be smoother, no boost spiking, no need for extra gauges, oil lines, potential track time temp issues, potential detonation under boost, etc. (Before its mentioned, I know you can tune and tailor forced induction to be smooth and follow a linear delivery path, but that takes more time and more $$$)

This should provide better overall reliability, and a better track vehicle. I am a huge fan of boost, but better power control under partial throttle and the predictability of this motors power delivery is why I would choose this over boost. Just my .02

Todd, I will be reading this on a regular basis!!! I'll prob even be stopping by to see you in action on this project.

Joey, congrats on a superb custom S2000! Can't wait for you to get it back
Old 02-23-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jspd,Feb 23 2010, 08:12 PM
^Why boost when you can have reliable power without the maintenance of a turbocharged motor? Power delivery will be smoother, no boost spiking, no need for extra gauges, oil lines, potential track time temp issues, potential detonation under boost, etc. (Before its mentioned, I know you can tune and tailor forced induction to be smooth and follow a linear delivery path, but that takes more time and more $$$)

This should provide better overall reliability, and a better track vehicle. I am a huge fan of boost, but better power control under partial throttle and the predictability of this motors power delivery is why I would choose this over boost. Just my .02

Todd, I will be reading this on a regular basis!!! I'll prob even be stopping by to see you in action on this project.

Joey, congrats on a superb custom S2000! Can't wait for you to get it back
different strokes for different folks, everyone is allowed their opinion
Old 02-23-2010, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's not turn this into a NA vs boost argument. I am going down this path for the people that aren't interested in boost at all.

The overall cost of this project should be less than half what a good turbo setup would run. Even on a budget, with used parts, it should be no more than 75% of the cost of a cheap turbo setup, and probably make about as much power. Probably more torque.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by marcucci,Feb 23 2010, 09:00 PM
Let's not turn this into a NA vs boost argument. I am going down this path for the people that aren't interested in boost at all.

The overall cost of this project should be less than half what a good turbo setup would run. Even on a budget, with used parts, it should be no more than 75% of the cost of a cheap turbo setup, and probably make about as much power. Probably more torque.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:25 PM

Honestly, I'd rather just drop in a J block and THEN give it a push with a nice fast spooling turbo. Torque city here we come.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Calesta,Feb 23 2010, 09:25 PM
Honestly, I'd rather just drop in a J block and THEN give it a push with a nice fast spooling turbo. Torque city here we come.

*last comment from me, i'll let all the swap junkies have this thread*
Old 02-23-2010, 08:47 PM

Well, I am an admin on this other forum that just happens to have Honda and Swap in the name.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Hmmm, now to figure out what to do with the old motor... Anyone know of a cheap S2000 shell? or an AE86 shell?

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.

Quick Reply: J-Swapped S2000 by Marcucci Motorsports