Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Job opening: Mechanical Engineer

Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Job opening: Mechanical Engineer

(As a side-note/lead-in, I have been off the boards for a while as I have all but mothballed Marcucci Motorsports in favor of taking a position with a local car company)

Like the title and sub-title say... I am looking for a mechanical engineer that is interested in the automotive field... electric vehicles, to be exact. This will not be a job for the faint-hearted. Pay will be below market, and employment will be on a contract basis (no benefits). The company is a startup, but has a virtually guaranteed market (niche market/product w/no competition), decent product (working out the bugs now), and decent funding.

The position itself, we are looking for a mechanical engineer with an interest in cars, preferably with at least a few years design experience, and Solidworks experience.

The group is pretty rag-tag at this point, and being a small company you are responsible for pretty much everything (design, sourcing parts, prototyping, testing, etc.). If you enjoy wrenching, this is for you. If you hate wrenching, it's definitely NOT for you.

While the pay would be sub-par, if you are in a job you hate right now, or not in a job at all, or are even still a student (we will consider that), this could be a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor in what might be a great company, or at least a great IPO. I personally find it pretty fun and am glad I have landed a gig with the company.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I can go into more detail.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they need any Custom Application Developers? Software Consultants? Web Portals? Websites? I'd love to get me a side project
Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 AM

If your looking for a part time casual per job contractor with 14 years of airframe design experience. Let me know.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 PM

Sorry, no s/w positions. At least not yet.

txjeepn, PM me and let me know if you would be really interested. We would be.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:34 PM

any openings for a kid who's a senior in EE, absolutely loves researching every aspect of and working on cars, and has been on team of guys tinkering with some inductive regenerative suspension systems?
Old 10-09-2010, 08:26 AM

Not right now, unfortunately. Not unless you just want to help w/assembly for a low hourly rate.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 AM

I am not a mechanical engineer, but I have 3 years experience & certification in the mechanical drafting field. I can use AutoCAD and 3D modeling software to make drawings and basic materials to put prototypes together. I have a lot of experience working with metal, fiberglass and carbon fiber composites, as well as mold making and product design. I have an AA Degree, BFA Degree and working on my MFA Degree as we speak.
I have a strong network with factories, machine shops, general fabrication shops and suppliers, pretty much anything is possible. (CNC, Lazer Jet, Hydro Jet and Dry Carbon Composites)
Old 10-09-2010, 01:40 PM

What is a BFA (BA?) and MFA?

You have PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:00 PM

Bachelor of Fine Arts, Masters of Fine Arts.

Both degrees are very competitive and hard to graduate with.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:15 PM

Received 402 Likes on 223 Posts

Congrats, TM. We're going to have to do lunch to catch up and have you fill me in on this cool new job you got!

Quick Reply: Job opening: Mechanical Engineer