Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Lake Day 2008 (28-Jun-08)

Old 06-03-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Day 2008 (28-Jun-08)

Is it too early to be start thinking about Lake Day 2008 (28-Jun-08)? Fast Eddie of parasail fame has agreed to sign on for another outing, and all of my water toys are working!!! Knock wood .

I will be out of town (Tyler) from 15-Jun thru 21-Jun on a mission trip, so I thought I would start thinking/planning/anticipating now. I also invited some of the Ark-La-Tex S2K'ers to attend after meeting them at the Driver's Edge event on 03-04 May.

More latter, but I will need a tour guide volunteer to shepherd the NT people from DFW to Tyler (since I now live in Tyler, I'm not going to drive in to DFW just to show you the way). Heck, the TAC even shows up on Google Maps now:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=on&...025878&t=h&z=15

Al
Old 06-03-2008, 11:18 AM

You may want to put the date in your post/title:
June 28th (Sat.)

Unfortunately I will be out of town... it was a tough call to miss this when I was scheduling that trip but oh well
Old 06-03-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Doug0716,Jun 3 2008, 01:18 PM
You may want to put the date in your post/title:
June 28th (Sat.)

Unfortunately I will be out of town... it was a tough call to miss this when I was scheduling that trip but oh well
Done.

We are also going to have to be very nice to Eddie. He was out on Lake Grapevine last night and his engine failed. As a good pilot and Eagle Scout, he diligently signalled S-O-S with both his horn and Q-beam light. NO ONE STOPPED TO HELP! NO ONE! Not even the captain of the commercial party barge that was trolling the lake with a hundred people on board.

Finally, he called 911 and they connected him with the Coast Guard Aux who came out rescue him and his family.

LESSON: If your out on a lake and someone is in trouble, for God's sake, HELP THEM!

Al
Old 06-03-2008, 11:45 AM

Man, that's harsh. I had my old jet ski break down on me in the middle of Lake Loserville once. We drifted to one of the islands, using our whistle and air horn anytime we saw a boat within range, but nobody stopped.

We were well out of "swimming to the dock" range (which I've had to do before, pushing/pulling that same jetski) and it took us two hours to finally get a tow and the sun was already setting.

Just this weekend out at Lake Lavon while I was teaching a friend how to get on a jetski when you're out in the middle of the lake (some people have a real hard time with this so I like to make sure they can do it while I'm out there with them) and we had 2 people stop and ask if everything was ok. That was before I capsized it on purpose, we were just in the water next to the (righted) JetSki. Just another reason why I like Lavon better, even if it's not as nice/big.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:06 PM

I'm excited about Lake Day. It is on our calendar and we should be able to do food again this year. I should have no problem leading the group to the Tee's Aquatic Complex. Should even have the new car by then.

Thanks again for hosting this event.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Temming,Jun 3 2008, 09:06 PM
I'm excited about Lake Day. It is on our calendar and we should be able to do food again this year. I should have no problem leading the group to the Tee's Aquatic Complex. Should even have the new car by then.

Excellent and thanks for being the tour guide and bringing the food. Eddie and I will have the watercraft fueled and the grill hot when you arrive. Do you still have the "standard" announcement with activities and "need to bring" list, etc. ? We should post a proper invitation on the board.

I will call you about the Auto-X co-driving thing.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:37 AM

It should be noted that I added a boat ramp to the Tees Aquatic Complex so anyone with a boat or jetski should bring it and you can launch it from my property.

Al
Old 06-04-2008, 04:53 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

I leave for Argentina (again) on the 30th but I'm still hoping to attend this event. We had a ton of fun last time! Might bring my daughter (if that's okay) instead of my wife as my wife is pregnant and probably not up to clambering in and out of boats and such.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been looking forward to this. My wife is pregnant as well, but seems interested in coming, as she's not too far along. If she comes, we'll have to meet out there around 1 or 2pm. If not, I'll be meeting in the morning to head out with everyone from Dallas.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Temming,Jun 3 2008, 10:06 PM

ummm...new car? is this the new car I think it might be? please tell me yes!

on that note, you might notice in my earlier post that Amy is pregnant. so we are actually selling the Z sadly. I have however already purchased an '05 G35 sedan 6mt and am enjoying it immensely. It'll be sad to see the Z go away though.

this is completely the wrong board to ask, but does anyone want to buy an 06 350Z Roadster 6MT Touring?

Quick Reply: Lake Day 2008 (28-Jun-08)