Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

MSR 1.7 CW Apex-Apr 13

Old 04-07-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MSR 1.7 CW Apex-Apr 13

Going to be out at MSR next Sat, anyone joining me?

I know it is NASCAR, but this is our chance to drive.

Who is in?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried registering last night, but their web-based system would only allow me to sign up for intermediate. Sent them a note last night, if they let me sign up for advanced I'm in.

BTW, we missed you @ ECR yesterday! I had the only S2000 for the morning sessions, until DavidNYC came for the afternoon.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Chris S
I tried registering last night, but their web-based system would only allow me to sign up for intermediate. Sent them a note last night, if they let me sign up for advanced I'm in.

BTW, we missed you @ ECR yesterday! I had the only S2000 for the morning sessions, until DavidNYC came for the afternoon.
I was supposed to be teaching at Street Survival, but it got cancelled last minute and couldn't get in for the ECR run.

Looks like I will have to do ECR in May .

Call Miss Claire at Apex and she will get you set up in the system.
It only allows you to sign up for the level you are set at-ask to be moved to advanced and then you can sign up for it.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:05 AM

I am out for April 13, kids soccer in the AM and it is too long of a drive to get out to Cresson after the game. See you guys in June.

ECR this past weekend:
Rear tires as slippery as used car salesman. I will still use them until August and then not sure if RS3 or NT01
Cracked rotor on driver side and enough micro cracks on passenger that I didn't use the brakes often driving home

Car will be on jackstands the next few weeks or so fixing brakes (buying rotors on amazon, buying vents/cooling), installing splitter, installing wing.

Oh Chris, I thought about the tow hooks, I am too cheap for the tow hooks, I'll just use the stock ones. Just have to remember to pull it out and put it on the car at events.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by davidnyc
I am out for April 13, kids soccer in the AM and it is too long of a drive to get out to Cresson after the game. See you guys in June.

ECR this past weekend:
Rear tires as slippery as used car salesman. I will still use them until August and then not sure if RS3 or NT01
Cracked rotor on driver side and enough micro cracks on passenger that I didn't use the brakes often driving home

Car will be on jackstands the next few weeks or so fixing brakes (buying rotors on amazon, buying vents/cooling), installing splitter, installing wing.

Oh Chris, I thought about the tow hooks, I am too cheap for the tow hooks, I'll just use the stock ones. Just have to remember to pull it out and put it on the car at events.
Rotors at Napa for <40 each
Hit up John 00Mugen for DIY ducting
That will get it drivable.
If you go with NT01 TTW had a better delivered price in the 255 than anyone else.
Will be sad not to see you Sat, but get the car in shape.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 AM

I have heard good things about Centric rotors, which are somewhat Stoptech, but without the Stoptech price. They are about $10 more than Autozone/NAPA/OReilly cheapy. So, for $20 more, I "heard" there is a little more resistance to cracking. I'll bet the $20 on it. If doesn't work, then I'll go back to the Autozone/NAPA/OReilly.

Thanks for the other tips !!!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 AM

I've cracked Centric, Science of Speed, Brembo, OEM, and stock rotors. Centrics are finished a little nicer (and prob. have higher quality) vs. Autozone/NAPA rotors, but are still consumables. Ducting will help to extend the life of rotors and pads.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Chris S
I've cracked Centric, Science of Speed, Brembo, OEM, and stock rotors. Centrics are finished a little nicer (and prob. have higher quality) vs. Autozone/NAPA rotors, but are still consumables. Ducting will help to extend the life of rotors and pads.
100% agree

Just thinking, the positive with going with Autozone etc is the lifetime guarantee, so basically, you can buy one set of rotors for the life of the car. Well, let me check before saying this. This was the case a few years ago, not sure if they still do this.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 PM

I took in a set recently, and the guy at the counter told me that's normal wear, but he'd replace them one time as a courtesy. YMMV depending on which store you hit and how cool the employee you deal w/ is. At any rate, I always like to have a spare set around just in case. The thing that hurts about buying rotors mail order is shipping - those rotors generate some hefty postage charges!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Shipping is free with Amazon Prime. One of the few membership "things" that pays for itself.

Quick Reply: MSR 1.7 CW Apex-Apr 13