Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

New to the North Texas Forum?

Old 01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm not new to the forum, but can i have a North Tx badge too?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:59 AM

I have been trying hard to get a North Tx badge too, but nothing seems to be working. I guess the guys who have the authority to give you the badge are real busy organizing an amazing event for us
Old 01-18-2008, 12:24 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Polar_Excitation,Dec 22 2007, 11:39 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to the Denton/Dallas Area. Just moved up here from South Florida to pursue a Design Engineer role. I am pretty excited that there is a S2000 club and I see lots of opportunities for Autocrossing! Can't wait to participate! Hope to meet you all.

-Neil
Welcome to the club, Neil. I'm also a design engineer. What do you design?

Jonathan
Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 PM

Oh I did not know you have to introduce like that.

Ok here we go.

I have been living here for quite some time, I work as a Software Consultant. I finally decided to give up on my '00 Honda Prelude and get the S2K. I was passing by this dealership where I saw this S2K and she was like waiting for me to wake her up from her sleep. I just went in there, traded my Prelude with that S the next day!
Thats my "short" story of how I fell in love with the one I have, PM me for detailed love story...lol
Sorry guys, can't help it

Oh getting back to the topic, I bought S in Oct and since then I am loving every bit of it and last week was when I found this forum and wanted to join it so I can share my experiece and make some S buddies.
That way my S can hangout with her friends as well
I hope its not too long for ya'all to read, but that's how I roll
Thanks.

Best Regards,
Me and My S
Old 01-23-2008, 07:38 PM

New to the site here. Have lived here in Fort Worth for some time. Had a turbo'd integra, sold it and now I have an S. Have had it for a week or so, already looking into a check engine light but I love it anyways. New to the forum thing so forgive my mistakes and sad forum etiquette.
Thanks.
Spence
Old 01-24-2008, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by cruzcntrlracr,Jan 23 2008, 10:38 PM
New to the site here. Have lived here in Fort Worth for some time. Had a turbo'd integra, sold it and now I have an S. Have had it for a week or so, already looking into a check engine light but I love it anyways. New to the forum thing so forgive my mistakes and sad forum etiquette.
Thanks.
Spence
Welcome to the site/club!

For the CEL, take it to auto zone, they'll pull the code for free...come back and do a search for it...it's always been the gas cap code for me but I'd rather be safe than sorry!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM

^^Thank you. Funny thing is I went to auto zone but they could not help me out due to the fact that neither one of us could find the OBD port. I know it sounds retarted but I have never been close to an s2k until I bought this one. I made sure the gas cap was clicked correctly, any ideas? Thanks for helping a newbie!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:12 PM

IT is under the dash on the passenger side, I know its hard to find but you gotta try harder to find it.
For me the code was the manifold sensor was not tight and when I revv'd upto 9K after buying it, the check engine light came on, after taking that sensor out and putting it back in, it worked perfectly fine.
Hope it helps.
Thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey my name is mason. i was born in dallas and grew up in flower mound until i ended up moving to arkansas ~8 years ago. i still have family in texas and i frequently go to my sister's in flower mound. speaking of which, i'll be down there roughly from march 12th until about the 19th so i'm lookin to get some networking in and hang out with s2k owners in my old stomping grounds.

but anyways, i look forward to meeting everyone and going on a drive sometime in the near future. have a nice day
Old 02-04-2008, 05:26 AM
Banned

I'm not so new to the forum, but this is my new screen name.

I think since the suspension time is over, I might not get banned anymore. But if I do, I'm just bailing on the forum forever. Not worth the BS to set up 5 more email accounts...

Quick Reply: New to the North Texas Forum?