Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

New s2000 Owner, Mods?

Old 12-15-2008, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah tires looked new when we did a test drive Saturday.
I just noticed that Crest Cadillac recorded the wrong mileage. On the report it says it had mileage in the 31,000s when in reality it has 35k and it says that on its site. Doesn't effect the price though. Yeah I kind of wish I had found a good one being sold cheap by a honda dealership. Its just little scams like Zaktek and junk they try to pull on you there.
0_o
Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 PM

looks like they changed the tires on them..cause i remember they had some cheap front tires and some yokahoma's in back. but gl with picking up ur new ride...and enjoy!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:16 PM

Be careful with license plate frames. Read recently that they are illegal if they cover ANY state badging on the plates.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 PM

*Sigh* looks like I have to call in the morning and have them fix the record of the odometer. On every single document they have 31.6k miles when in reality it is 35.6k. They even gave us a sheet that states that the odometer reading is this much and I agree with it (Its unsigned by us).

So I gotta call them before it looks like they rolled back the miles 4k or something, 4k is kinda a lot of trips to the donut shop and back .
Old 12-15-2008, 08:15 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

^ the license plate frame thing has been a Texas law for a few years now. I've NEVER heard of anybody getting in trouble for it, though. IIRC, it's mostly to punish people who use those anti-speed-camera covers that make it hard to read the plate no matter what.

Good mods to do?
Double-check the tires. Sounds like it has the OEM tires, but after 35k miles they better be new ones rather than the ones from the factory!
How's the paint? Clear-bra is an option, but it might already have enough rock chips to not make it worth the cost. (The paint chips very easily.)
Something like the K&N FIPK intake adds great sound at WOT without the really bad highway drone of an exhaust. Much cheaper than most exhausts too.
Don't mess with the shocks or springs until you learn to drive the car.
But get an alignment right away.
Wheels are always an option (I like Volks.)
There's a ton of stuff to read about for in-car entertainment in the Electronics forum here. The stock radio and speakers aren't that great.
A vented hood is worth while for the additional cooling, IMO. I like the CF look as well, particularly on a Berlina.
Get rid of the clutch delay valve, but only if you install a lightweight flywheel and heavy duty pressure plate at the same time. (The OEM friction disk is fine.)
I'm not much into full body kits (unless you spend MEGA bucks) or forced induction (works for some, but can end up require a lot of constant TLC.) VAFC doesn't net much on the '04 models from what I remember, but swapping in an 00-01 AP1 ECU will get you the higher redline and power without, from what I've read, much reliability issue. (The 00-01 ECU is better than an 02-03 because it runs richer and is therefore safer for the 2.2 liter AP2 engine.)
And sign up for some autocrosses and track days to REALLY get to know the car.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:52 PM

cheap mod....oem convex mirror on drivers side....makes a huge difference
expensive mod...oem hardtop...makes a huge difference...
Old 12-15-2008, 08:56 PM

cr sidemarkers... bumper plugs would be the first thing i would do and you could probably get the dealer to switch the markers for you since there fixing it anyways
Old 12-16-2008, 04:04 AM

[QUOTE=Elistan,Dec 15 2008, 11:15 PM] A vented hood is worth while for the additional cooling, IMO.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:36 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Old 12-16-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look into the door plugs sold on here... keyholes on BB cars stand out

Quick Reply: New s2000 Owner, Mods?