Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

North Texas Forum

Old 10-09-2006, 03:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default North Texas Forum

Over the past few months I've noticed some changes in the North Texas forum. I have to admit, I'm not able to be as involved as I once was and have just let things roll but now I'm starting to get PM's and questions about why things are going the way they are.

So, I'd like to ask everyone to consider re-focusing this forum. A few things we should all think about when posting:

Is my post S2000 or North Texas S2000 related?
Is my post to a thread on-topic?
Am I adding value or something interesting to the thread by posting?
Would I say what I'm saying if I was standing in front of the group?

If not, we probably shouldn't be posting those things here. Our posts should center around building the group, promoting North Texas S2000 events, talking about the S2000, and helping out our forum members. This really is not a forum for selling non-related S2000 "stuff" or talking down to each other. I'm just asking everyone to be reasonable. These are not strict guidelines for sure.

This is a great group with lot's of friendly members. Let's see what we can all do to keep this forum on track. Thanks guys.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe we should have a north texas off topic section
Old 10-09-2006, 07:05 PM

Old 10-09-2006, 07:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ill try to trim down on posting so many FS threads lol....

but really i agree %100..... me being guilty of this many times...
Old 10-09-2006, 07:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You gotta be kidding.. I thought this is just a local hangout. What are you trying to accomplish?

Go look at the southern california (where this board is managed) forum if you want to see a random collection of conversations on all subjects.

I have been PM'ed on petty grounds several times by moderators lately so maybe censorship is what it is all about anymore. I guess I need a different place to hang.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you do. You have no idea what the man that posted that request does for you to have a good time as an s2000 owner. Thanks for keeping the club focused, Clovis.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cdelena,Oct 9 2006, 10:38 PM
You gotta be kidding.. I thought this is just a local hangout. What are you trying to accomplish?

Go look at the southern california (where this board is managed) forum if you want to see a random collection of conversations on all subjects.

I have been PM'ed on petty grounds several times by moderators lately so maybe censorship is what it is all about anymore. I guess I need a different place to hang.
i think its not more random threads, than just most of them (any thread) going WAY off topic.... its happened plenty of times and its kinda annoying for the author.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by cdelena,Oct 9 2006, 07:38 PM

You guys are free to make the local forum what you want. Just relaying on what I'm hearing from our members. I am far from "censoring" anything...not even a consideration.

BTW, where have you been? Hiding under a rock?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:59 PM

[QUOTE=Clovis,Oct 9 2006, 06:22 PM] Over the past few months I've noticed some changes in the North Texas forum.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by downhil,Oct 9 2006, 07:59 PM
and yes, i would say this if i was standing in the front of the group. (whatever that means.)

It just means be friendly to each other, that's it.

Quick Reply: North Texas Forum