Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Rally to the Race/SCCA Grand Prix of Texas July 13th

Old 07-08-2002, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally to the Race/SCCA Grand Prix of Texas July 13th

SCCA has invited 20 or so car clubs to participate in a short rally (or rally like) event starting a Fuddruckers in Irving and winding up at Texas Motor Speedway this Saturday July 13th. The rally will begin at 9:00 am so plan on being there a few minutes before 9:00 am. Fuddruckers is located at the NW corner of Belt Line and SH183.

The "rally" will take about 2 hours and will cost $20. When we arrive at TMS we will be invited in to do a victory lap or two and show off the cars inside the speedway. A weekend pass (bracelet) will get you into the speedway and costs $5. Tell them you are part of the S2000 club.

SCCA will be holding Regional races on Saturday at TMS followed by a party Saturday night and a live band. On Sunday, SCCA National races will be going on.

What you need to bring: Something to write on and with.

If you prefer not participating in the rally, meet us at the South Tunnel entrance to TMS and tell them you are with the S2000 club. I would recommend being there between 10:30 and 11:00 am.

For those wanting to Autocross Saturday morning, SCCA will be holding an autocross in the large west parking lot at TMS. You must join SCCA to enter ($15 for a temporary membership). I would assume that there is an entrance fee also. I don't know. You should be able to find more info out at texasscca.org.

Feel free to invite a friend even if they don't own an S2K. They would like to see a good turnout and have fun. Hope you can make it. Please post if you think you can.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We are planning on coming out Saturday. I've never been in a Rally but it sounds like fun...

Thanks for organizing. This sounds like a great way to check out some National level cars and meet other enthusiasts. Maybe we can even learn a thing or two to put into our autocrosses.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:19 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Does a rally require passangers? It'd be hard for me to write and drive at the same time.

There doesn't seem to be too much detail up on the club race, however this is what I've found about the autocross.

Here's the autocross registration form:
http://houscca.com/solo2/entryform.pdf
$40 entry fee, $16 for a trial membership.

Entry list so far:
http://autocross.com/texasregion/divisiona...-3entrylist.PDF
Only three B Stock drivers - an S2000 and a two driver Boxster. Sounds like one of you stock S2000 folks out there with race tires could make a splash. I don't think I'd do well in ASP. Heh.

Autocross schedule:
http://autocross.com/texasregion/divisiona...t_Officials.PDF

I agree, it'd be a great time to pick up some pointers from the pros who run these things.

A little more detail about what your $5 gets you - full access to the paddock/garages and infield (but not the pits.) So you'll be able to check out the cars as close as you wish. The organizers plan on giving each car club there own bit of space to show off in. The race going on on the road course should be quite a sight. Bumping is not unheard of in SCCA club races... (I've also read that they might restrict the cars to the apron of the oval, and disallow the banking. Bad idea, IMO, but it should make for some spectacular crashes into the wall. )
Old 07-09-2002, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Temming
[B]
For those wanting to Autocross Saturday morning, SCCA will be holding an autocross in the large west parking lot at TMS. You must join SCCA to enter ($15 for a temporary membership). I would assume that there is an entrance fee also. I don't know. You should be able to find more info out at texasscca.org.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:09 PM

If my scheduled trip to Austin gets cancelled due to flood waters, I'll see you all at the Rally at 8:30 AM Saturday.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:01 AM

Sounds like fun! I met several of you at the JEH thing some time ago, but unfortunately haven't been able to do anything else.

I can't make it to the rally, but will head over to TMS at 10:30.

See you there!
Old 07-10-2002, 01:28 PM

So far it looks like we have:

Temming
Clovis
MollyW
Elistan
Marcucci
JTexas
PDippell
AATees
David b
jyellott
IvanS2KSY
LouS2K - ?

BTW, here is the link to the event http://www.sccagrandprixoftexas.com/
Old 07-11-2002, 05:50 AM

Does anyone have any more information about the Rally from Fuddruckers to TMS? Is a navigator required (I'm having a hard time finding one)? Can we (S2000) travel as a group? Is it timed?

Regards,

Al
Old 07-11-2002, 07:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AATees
[B]Does anyone have any more information about the Rally from Fuddruckers to TMS?
Old 07-11-2002, 08:25 AM

I should be at the track to race this weekend. Won't have the S with me, but I will be in the last race group each day with the track car. I have a garage reserved in the pit area, if any of you make it by stop in to say hi.

Quick Reply: Rally to the Race/SCCA Grand Prix of Texas July 13th