Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Saturday, February 28 - First NTS2KOC Autocross of 2004

Old 02-25-2004, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah its now saying the day will be cloudy and in the 60's then the wet stuff will hit at night
Old 02-25-2004, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question - will last year's trophies be at this event for those of us who haven't picked ours up yet?

Iain
Old 02-25-2004, 05:13 PM

If there is a chance of precipitation Sunday, I will just bring my NX and run in Other rather than other R. I don't mind racing in the rain on R compounds, it is that drive to and from that can age a man.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 98_1LE
If there is a chance of precipitation Sunday, I will just bring my NX and run in Other rather than other R. I don't mind racing in the rain on R compounds, it is that drive to and from that can age a man.

Ain't that that truth. I remember following qwikag back from a BMW event in Mineral Wells a couple of years ago. He was driving his C5 on R compounds, and I was driving the Miata on street tires with R compounds on a trailer. The heavens opened about five minutes after we got there, and we decided to go back to Fort Worth for breakfast isntead of spending all day in the cold rain. On the way back to Fort Worth, qwikag was hydroplaning from lane to lane at anything above about 45mph, even wth all of the fancy driver's aids in his C5.

On the other hand, my traction control and ABS free Miata would cruise quite happily in the downpour at 75mph, even with the trailer behind me. Probably the only time in my life I could have passed qwikag at will.

Iain
Old 02-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I drove back from the last NTS2K event of last year on all 4 totally treadless / ceramified Victoracers in the rain. It was extremely stressful, but by the time I got to Ft Worth, I was having fun. Although my knuckles were white, I was really getting into the constant effort of car control. My speeds steadily increased throughout the 100 mile trip.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by altiain
Question - will last year's trophies be at this event for those of us who haven't picked ours up yet?

Iain
Yep, we plan to hand out the remaining trophies during the drivers meeting.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 98_1LE
If you decide to run on street tires it may be a good idea to stick with the R-compound class as you'll want to keep your points in the class you'll be competing in throughout the year.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:32 AM

If it's raining, can I AX my Honda CR-V? I'll stay in the "Miata R" class -- to keep my points there (I'm sure I'll win).

Just kidding. Looks like the weather outlook may be turning in our favor, and if it does look like we'll encounter some wet stuff, I'll just run on my street tires (in Miata R class). Running in a little rain isn't a big deal, but changing tires in the rain is not my idea of fun . Standing around in the rain waiting to pick up fallen cones isn't great either, but that's why they make rainsuits (note to self:
go buy rainsuit).

But I will say that if it's pouring in Frisco when I wake up, I probably won't be there (sorry Clovis... I won't know that until Saturday morning). On the other hand, I am going to pre-pay the entire season, so the club will not be out any money whether I'm there or not. I know someone (on the "waiting list") wouldn't get to run, but I don't think it will actually come to that -- I'm guessing the weather will be OK, and I will be out there.

el Drifto Boyz might be in trouble... I'm not into the whole "see how much tire I can burn off" scene , but I'd hate for their first event to get rained out. And I do plan to go out for a peek at the festivities between 10:00am and Noon on Sunday. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for them too...
Old 02-26-2004, 01:01 PM

Can we add a skid-pad loop into our Auto-X design like the PCA design? I liked it , and more than that, I was GOOD at it . Any advantage right

Regards,

Al
Old 02-26-2004, 01:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AATees
Can we add a skid-pad loop into our Auto-X design like the PCA design?

Quick Reply: Saturday, February 28 - First NTS2KOC Autocross of 2004