Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Stepping down as Community Organizer

Old 11-23-2008, 04:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stepping down as Community Organizer

Well guys, it's been over 8 years since I became a CO on this forum. We started out as a small group of enthusiastic sports car owners. The main purpose of the club was/is to organize drives, dinner/happy hours, tech days, track days and our very own autocross series.

A few great memories with the club:
Forming the autocross series. What can be said...our first event had 6 entries. By 2004 we were on-line and filling to capacity in 2 days. We received lots of great feedback and some even called it the best in the area. I had some really good times in Mineral Wells. The weather will never be forgotten.

The Arkansas and Hill Country drives. So many great memories of hanging out and driving the twistiest roads in our area.

Lake Days/Christmas Lights and other special events. Members offering up there homes, toys, and time for the club. These people made the club!

The NT Forum. I enjoyed organizing the forum and seeing what everyone was up to on a daily basis. It was, and still can be a great place for enthusiasts to hang out.

With that, I'm stepping down as commity organizer. Temming has done a fine job with the forum with limited assistance from me. He will do a fine job going forward. It's a job that is thankless...so I ask everyone to take a deep breath and think before you post.

I'll check in every once in a while to see what's happening. Take care, drive like you mean it, and seek those things that bring joy to your life.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all that you have done to make this club successful through the years and in moderating this forum. Hope to see you at the Christmas/Holiday party.

Cheers,
Old 11-23-2008, 06:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all you've done for the group, David. Don't be a stranger.

And David (Temming), thanks for taking over. Good luck. Seems like you might need it these days.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:43 PM

You've devoted a lot of time to this site and I certainly appreciate everything you've done. Thanks David.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all of your help and input David. Hope to continue to see you around!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:19 PM

Received 404 Likes on 224 Posts

You're the man, David! Thanks for contributing to the club all these years!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Thanks David for all your efforts. We did have some very memorable times and drives; for me I'll never forget the last one we did through Arkansas back in Oct 03.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:11 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for your many years of service (and for selling Jess the car that she sold me!) Look forward to many more years of autocrossing and BS'ing about cars with you.

Just do me a favor and try not to wear the same thing as me to Temming's Holiday party this year
Old 11-25-2008, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by IvanS2KSY,Nov 24 2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks David for all your efforts. We did have some very memorable times and drives; for me I'll never forget the last one we did through Arkansas back in Oct 03.
Neither will I and my stupid speeding ticket!!!!

I have participated in a few NT events so thanks for all the time you have put into the club, David.

Mark
Old 11-25-2008, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Nov 25 2008, 10:11 AM
Just do me a favor and try not to wear the same thing as me to Temming's Holiday party this year
You sure it's not the other way around?

Thanks for everything Clovis - altho I don't see ya nearly as often since I don't autox SCCA anymore. One of these days, I'll get bored enough one Sunday and drag my sorry arse out to one of them fangeled fancy organized SCCA events again.

Quick Reply: Stepping down as Community Organizer