UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

● NE Coastal Industry Run - Sunday 20th July *

Old 07-20-2014, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if we keep trying. I'm sure people can make up routes, or ideas for activities.

Coast and moors are always good options.

Also cruise to meet others regions/trackdays/car shows etc. Or just to arrange BBQ somewhere.

*EDIT*
Oh and hows the shoulder Bruce?
Old 07-21-2014, 12:44 AM

Appreciate that you took up the mantle for this particular cruise, understand how much effort it takes. Would be very keen to get something regular set up especially to take advantage of current roof down weather.

Cruises seem to be the way to go and would be very interested in meeting other regions or attending car shows however i feel would take considerable planning.

The shoulder is better can at least drive again but requires rehab to build it up again and will inevitably need an operation at some point which would put me out for at least 4 weeks i have no idea when this will be though.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by bruceski
Appreciate that you took up the mantle for this particular cruise, understand how much effort it takes. Would be very keen to get something regular set up especially to take advantage of current roof down weather.

Cruises seem to be the way to go and would be very interested in meeting other regions or attending car shows however I feel would take considerable planning.

The shoulder is better can at least drive again but requires rehab to build it up again and will inevitably need an operation at some point which would put me out for at least 4 weeks i have no idea when this will be though.

Well, we have no official RO for the NE, so we can all help and come up with ideas, and try things out to see where we go from here.

I propose the next one to be either (edit removed 9th, mrs just booked us up) or 10th August (my preferred as I'm available and not on-call) or 23rd or 24th Augus (I'm available but on-call for work)

If we do either of those dates, I'll arrange a route from Consett, up over the moors, with 3 options of approx 2, 3 and 4 hours outing not drive time for group decision on how far to go.

You can arrange contact details, and eateries arrangement.

Weatherspoons or Travellers rest both 2 mins walk from car park at end of my street:-
Buffalo Joes in Consett does nice food 2 mins Drive from mine:-
If it's nice and sunny BBQ at mine, all chip in for meats and buns/ bring your own drinks (soft for drivers). I'll put on Diluty juice, tea, coffe and the BBQ, and some veges (garlic spuds, mushrooms/onions/peppers). So you could get a list of what people want and I'll order at my local butchers fresh for collection on the Saturday

How does that sound?

If decided on BBQ, work out a price for people to chip in and what people might want (ie, chicken breast/legs/ribs/burger/sausage/Chops)
and here's an idea of my Garden size for BBQ if we go that route.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:25 AM

That sounds like a cracking idea I am especially a fan of the BBQ suggestion this is of course massively dependent on weather and of course getting money i would provisionally say £10 per person as this should cover it. I believe this would give us a great chance to socialize and get to know each other better before going for a drive out.

As for dates I am available all weekends so whatever is best for everyone else.

May have to start a new thread for this, will get around to that later.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:33 AM

Sorry for the late post but I've been busy since getting back form the drive yesterday (Whoever said retirement was relaxing !!!)

Anyway, really great meeting you guys, and the cruise, the company, and the weather was superb

Just checking a few dates and unfortunately we can't make August 10th, then we are in Edinburgh (and BTCC Knockhill) around 23rd / 24th Aug.
Just to add that the Croft track-day would have been great, however we are traveling around France in the caravan at that time.
Next time though

We are doing a Yorkshire Dales drive on August 9th if anyone is interested. Check out the post.

Cheers all...... Lew
Old 07-21-2014, 04:46 AM

Would be good to see some of you on our next Dales drive. Do not be put off by the early start it's really worth it :-)
Old 07-22-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Steviebe
Would be good to see some of you on our next Dales drive. Do not be put off by the early start it's really worth it :-)
Or you can do what I did and turn up 20 minutes late
Old 07-23-2014, 12:58 AM

Hmm, Dales Drive, will have a look see what that entails
Old 07-24-2014, 07:22 AM

Anyone fancy an RR gathering?

http://www.evotune.co.uk/rolling-road/
Old 07-24-2014, 03:41 PM

Yeh, when?

Quick Reply: ● NE Coastal Industry Run - Sunday 20th July *