UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Anyone for Santa Pod 14th April?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone for Santa Pod 14th April?

Afternoon folks

Posting this on behalf of a friend from work - he's organising a day at Santa Pod and wants to see if he can get a few S2Ks along to join the Civics.

Here's the info he sent me - he'll check back in a while and see if there's any interest and provide further detail as needed.

Day @ Santa pod - 14th April
Hi Everyone

Had a thought earlier today that I'd attempt to organise a day at Santa Pod for civinfo members against other people on the Type R.co.uk forum.

All in good nature & just for fun, just hopefully we'd get a few EP3's/S2000's to join to make it more interesting.

If you didn't know Santa Pod is located in Northants & operates a quarter mile drag strip with public open days called "run what ya brung" which basically allows you access to the drag strip. More info can be found on their website;

Run What Ya Brung (RWYB) - Public Track Day

The plan, meet on the 14th April 2012, hopefully this gives people plenty of time to confirm attendance.

The day will cost you £35 for ultimated runs on the raceway plus any petrol you use. No payment would be needed until the gate at Santa Pod. If you aren't interested in dragging then admission will be £10.00 per person.

If we get decent numbers it should be a great day. Santa Pod is fairly central from anyone travelling from North or South. I'll personally be travelling for about 2 hours to get there.

If you'd like to join then just reply with you name.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd consider it, fairly cheap £35 isn't? It would be interested to see how our S2000's compared with Civic Type R's too.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakkala
The day will cost you £35 for ultimated runs on the raceway plus any petrol you use.
Unlimited.

Plus clutch wear, and tyres

Usually an interesting day out anyway, I may pop up but won't run.