UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Confirmed: Spring Bedford Trackday Sat 29 April

Old 12-15-2005, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Dec 15 2005, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure if I am an A

I know my limit (actually i think my limit should be more than i allow it to be)

I have done more than 4 trackdays

I know the score and am familiar with how they work

I'm confident to a degree, but not confident enough to push on as fast as many of those who have an (A)

Perhaps I am a A- or B+ hehe
There is always one. It has been decreed you are an A, probably the first ever A grade you got but you should be happy. Thanks for updating the banner too.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I've only done 4 track days, but I'll take it as a compliment that I'm an A.

As apposed to an a-hole.

Although I reserve the right to be wrong on that front
Old 12-15-2005, 02:11 PM

Does rallying an MG Metro Turbo around Berkshire not count?

Old 12-15-2005, 11:42 PM

Just spotted the new banner for this...

...with the wrong date on it!

Doh!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:53 PM

Count me in too, I'll call myself a beginner for now....
Old 12-16-2005, 01:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i think the A or B category definitions should be slightly different. Hence AE's comments.

B should be as above ie: someone who has never or only attended 1-2 trackdays before, is not familiar with track driving or lacking in full confidence

A should be: someone who has attended a few trackdays, is a confident trackday driver and comfortable dealing with traffic, passing and letting past other drivers dependant on speed.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:12 AM
ge2

I put myself in (A) more for my advanced 'getting out of the way skills' than my overall pace
Old 12-16-2005, 01:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B should be as above ie: someone who has never or only attended 1-2 trackdays before, is not familiar with track driving or lacking in full confidence

A should be: someone who has attended a few trackdays, is a confident trackday driver and comfortable dealing with traffic, passing and letting past other drivers dependant on speed.

Put me down as a B for that reason!
Old 12-16-2005, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by lower,Dec 16 2005, 10:00 AM
i think the A or B category definitions should be slightly different. Hence AE's comments.
There was a reason for this. Initially I was going to ask for novice, intermediate and advanced groups but I changed it to two categories to try and keep the day in two sessions instead of three in each hour. This naturally will mean that we would have half hours slots in each hour in which to go out and come back in and therefore stagger the number of people out on track at any one time.

If we had three sessions, everyone in a particular class would be forced to go out as they would only have 20 mins in each hour to drive the circuit and put pressure on people to take advantage of the time. I thought about it long and hard and for now it seems to be working but if we get to the point where a lot of people are in between we might have to change it to 3 sessions.

Lastly as it is a club event I hope the people who are a little more experienced than complete beginners but not advanced levels will be courteous to other track drivers and we in theory shouldn't have any problems. But as I said I'll keep an eye out to see how this develops. There might be a further possibility to assign a different coloured sticker for the back windscreen/bumper to allow people to spot beginners and intermediates but that hasn't been decided upon yet.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:16 AM
GSi

Originally Posted by rahula,Dec 16 2005, 11:12 AM
There might be a further possibility to assign a different coloured sticker for the back windscreen/bumper to allow people to spot beginners and intermediates but that hasn't been decided upon yet.
How about L plates?

Quick Reply: Confirmed: Spring Bedford Trackday Sat 29 April