UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Knockhill Visit - Sun 12th June

Old 06-12-2005, 06:10 AM
oss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shisky and Douglas were doing timings I think, best ask them.

I think Foz was a lot happier with the setup on his later runs, he had a quite a few woah lairy moments on a few of the corners sadly I missed photographing the best one of the day by about 2 seconds
Old 06-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Banned

Cracking pics guys. Shisky you must've been fooking close to the track to take that one of the CTR!

I won't take my car to knockhill till I know the track. Are there any games out there that I can put an S2K onto knockhill with? Wish there was a decent track here in the West Side
Old 06-12-2005, 07:26 AM

Cheers, great pics, car is now actually fun to drive, progressive and predicatable, and sideways practically everywhere
Old 06-12-2005, 07:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Bada Bing!,Jun 12 2005, 03:44 PM] Cracking pics guys.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Jun 12 2005, 03:44 PM
Is Kaimes suitable for a car the size of an S?
Kames (sp ) is a diddy wee track that's only really fit for what they describe as sprint events. Not much room for passing. Went to watch some TVRs a couple of times. It's a good day out though, with all the usual sprint exotica (ie. bike engines in home made open wheelers etc.)

Did any of the TOCA series (in the days when it was aping the BTCC) have Knockhill in?

AS for taking your car Gaz, Knockhill's pretty easy. Despite the briefing from the organiser to "take it easy and do at least one sighter lap", I thought I knew the circuit from watching on telly. I was sure Duffus was a fast right then left sweeper like a mini version of the Craner Curves at Donington. On my first lap, exited the pits, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, clicked it into 4th and clipped the apex as I crested the rise into the first part of Duffus.

... it's a flippin tight right that you should take in 2nd or 3rd !!. Did a complete 360 and somehow ended up at the bottom of the hill facing the right way and still on the tarmac. My wee visor fair steamed up and I could just imagine the marshalls going
Old 06-12-2005, 09:44 AM

Good day out lads - glad you enjoyed the roads - 60 miles all within 2-3 miles of major conurbations!! The double compression on the Sherrifmuir road is the one that gets the underbody protection excited

Looked like Foz was having serious fun - great pictures David/Jim.

Bada Kames is a sprint circuit which if we got enough together we can hire for
Old 06-12-2005, 09:55 AM

I'm deffo up for a Kaimes session Douglas

Gaz, I wouldn't worry about learning the track at Knockhill. When I did it the bird at the briefing explained about using the cones on the corners as dot to dot, and the circuit is so short, you remember which way it goes very easily. It is, IMHO, very worthwhile getting someone (there are often instructors on hand at trackdays I think, or get any driver with a bit of experience/training at Knockhill) to take you around as a passenger for a couple of laps. There were things which weren't obvious to me which once put into practice, mean't I had no further infield excursions Gentoo took me around and it was night and day my performance before and after.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Banned

Thanks for the tips guys, I may take the car once I have some spare cash I can account for. At the moment I have insurance and a few other things to pay for before I know if I have enough for new pads/tyres etc.

I'm well up for Kames though. So we have Douglas, Euan, and myself so far. Shisky, you fancy another method of going head to head for laptimes?
Old 06-13-2005, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the circuit lap times are just over a minute, the comment about not needing to learn the track is very valid. I just did anglesea (as I'm telling everyone who will listen) at the weekend and it's a 54 second lap. Didn't know it before hand but didn't take long to learn. BUT if you do need to learn it, it was on one of the TOCA games for PS1, the original I think, which will work on PS2. Fun track, but easy to learn.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

good pics

those Nobles look to have more than enough ground clearance, or is it an illusion?

lhd 348s are cheap enough if anyone fancies one - I'd say you could get into one for

Quick Reply: Knockhill Visit - Sun 12th June