UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Londoners / Southerners - 14th January 2006

Old 01-15-2006, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a great meet!

What were the tunnels like?

How many cars were there and did the police show and interest?

I would have nipped up the M4 but had other plans last night. Is there likely to be another one soon?
Old 01-15-2006, 01:43 AM

Great night, some excellent cars on show, I now have an urge to buy a TVR - I'm sure it will pass

Good to meet some new faces as well as the more familar ones. I think AE had some navagational problems between Russell Square and the Aldwych . We lost you at this point and rejoined the route, which set us up nicely for some tunnel action with a very loud Carrera 4 and TVR - Chris's ears hurt it was that loud.

We got to the Dome waited for 10mins but decided it was bed-time, as we get to Blackwall Tunnel entrance we see you guys go by in other direction gave a .

We were very impressed with the Police as they mixed in well and from what we saw no petty hassel.

Did Rahula get that girls name and address ? Strangest chat-up approach I've seen in ages....

I'll put photos up later if they're any good.

Gotta go and clean that car now !

Chris - no problem mate.

John
Old 01-15-2006, 02:05 AM

some very unsalubrious areas that made me wish I didn't have the top down eek2.gif A10, Great Eastern Road I think.
Agree especially at 2:00am !

Quickest route (distance wise) is A10 through to Shoreditch via Dalston but having done that a few weeks ago in the beater I decided not to go there in the S.

We went the long way round and came in and out of London on the M11 / A13 and A12 route.Which ended up quicker and safer = 40mins to Westminster from Herts.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great evening guys & gals - good to see you all.

Seems that more people did turn up at the Dome but not for some time so it was probably better that we left when we did!

And what on earth was the girl in the cab on? Jam up *her* roads?? We pay for *her* roads!!

Oli.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:27 AM

I missed that cab incident. Although I was a bit put out that Oli got chatted up by a couple of women on a balcony in Westminster and I then got a drunk bloke further down the road trying it on at the traffic lights. I wasn't even in a Nurby ffs

Oh and rteyp, it was me that cocked up the route, not AE - I got ahead of everyone at the first tunnel by mistake then TomTom lead me a merry dance.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:32 AM

Yes excellent meet last night

I had just decided to go at about 10pm yesterday, left about an hour later and ended up getting to the bridge area at 12.05am with no idea of the route! and initially couldn't see anyone there, as I probably got the wrong bridge. Decided to drive around for a bit to have a look, then my passenger caught sight of a corvette - must be it we thought so we went where that car went and ended up on the route following a Ferrari, with TVR, Carrera 4 and Clio v6 in tow. The part through central London was good - cruising in a very long (and loud) convoy slowly, I got the chance to see plenty of exotic cars. Then onto the tunnels - my ears are still ringing from following an Impreza STI and various TVRs.

Then by pure chance I found myself amongst a group of S2000s - turned out to be people from here! - had an enjoyable blast for the several miles towards the dome, with no one going nuts which is always good. Was also good to briefly meet some of you later on
Old 01-15-2006, 05:01 AM

Morning guys and girls

What a great night out. It was great to see so many of you there and see new faces too.

We were having a good drive but trying to keep in convoy in London was always going to be difficult and at one stage Dan and I ended up being part of a group with the Lambo, Ford GT, TVR, 360, us and an Alfa behind us. We made so much noise going through the tunnels and bouncing noise off the walls that I am still grinning. I reckon Dan will be buying a new exhaust soon. I met some really friendly people and not all were from the S2ki site either.

The two most memorable events of the night was that drive in convoy and the other the attention it got. We stopped at some light past Westminster Bridge and a couple started to ask us all about the event and what we were up to and almost everyone else who did this was amazed and supportive. I even spoke to a number of people at Chelsea Bridge passing through and stopping to ask what it was all about and being surprised and fascinated. Great night all in all. Would have preferred to have less separation and bigger groups but without road closures or police outriders it was never meant to be.

Sorry that some of you got lost but I blame Graham and his Tom Tom and I am not talking about his navigational unit either. We had to take a decision, to keep stopping so everyone could catch up with my driving every two minutes or go along the route at our normal speed. After the first 20 mins having spoken to Dan I knew there was no way we would be able to stay in convoy all the way and made a decision to follow any loud cars in convoy and everyone else would have to try and keep up. It seemed to work towards the end when the 8 S2000s turned up to the Dome.

[QUOTE=little Chris,Jan 15 2006, 09:32 AM]Funnest part was when Rahula got in an argument with a woman in a cab! I'll let him explain what happened.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:18 AM

keep the pics coming. Am coming down for the next one
Old 01-15-2006, 05:52 AM

Looks like an awesome meet - I should have come down in the beater!
Old 01-15-2006, 05:56 AM

I forgot - on my way home, some pissed up bloke in a minicab a couple of lanes over leant out the window at traffic lights and starting shouting "love the car mate, great ...errr...thing...air over head...erm.....head open...uum..."

He just couldn't figure out what a convertible was

Quick Reply: Londoners / Southerners - 14th January 2006