UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

MB Goes Racing - Donington Meet Sunday April 14th

Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Just as a pre-warning, there may be a bit of an issue with the VTEC / PTCC race. I've only just been told, but there have been zero reginstered entries for the PTCC series as of today, and due to quite a few issues with people's cars, only 6 VTEC entries

It may just be an admin error, but with 6 cars i'd be pulling out as it's not going to be worth it.

All very confusing as the PTCC is a fully sponsored series and BTCC springboard.

Will update tomorrow.

On the plus side, there's still some good racing going on with the Britcar and Porsches etc
Old 04-08-2013, 03:18 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
Just as a pre-warning, there may be a bit of an issue with the VTEC / PTCC race. I've only just been told, but there have been zero reginstered entries for the PTCC series as of today, and due to quite a few issues with people's cars, only 6 VTEC entries

It may just be an admin error, but with 6 cars i'd be pulling out as it's not going to be worth it.

All very confusing as the PTCC is a fully sponsored series and BTCC springboard.

Will update tomorrow.

On the plus side, there's still some good racing going on with the Britcar and Porsches etc
No probs Mark, we have a back up plan in place ready to go, Ron's on a track day at Anglesey on Sunday if he gets there without breaking it , keep us in the loop
Old 04-08-2013, 03:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MB

Will update tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up Mark, seems strange no entries for the PTCC?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:38 AM
MB

All very odd - should know more tomorrow.

Ray, you know it's going to break down!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MB
I've just withdrawn our Britcar entry as the car isn't quite ready yet and we don't want to half a half hearted first race this year.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:12 PM
MB

What was your entry, Rich?

I was on track with a few Britcar guys yesterday at Silverstone.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have 350z & 370z for the Britcar Production Sportscars series.

The 350z are prepped to Group N spec, ideal in the wet. The 370z are to GT3 spec, though the regs still allow us to run them with sequential box, big wing, flat floor & splitters.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any more info on this? Was looking forward to popping down to watch?
Old 04-10-2013, 03:03 AM
MB

Latest is that the PTCC guys are on some sort of strike due to regualtion issues.

Look like 8-9 Honda's which isn't great, but in support of the series i'm in, pending a coolant issue to sort on Friday. A lot of the Honda guys are missing this one due to car troubles!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:58 AM
MB

Forgot to say - i'm in, only about 10 cars, looks like it's pissing down, i'm on very worn semi slicks and not been on a wet track before, got a cold etc etc

Otherwise all is well with the world!

Quick Reply: MB Goes Racing - Donington Meet Sunday April 14th