Club Motorsport Campsite
9.09%
Don't care, just hurry up and book it
45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

MEET: Le Mans 2004

Old 11-20-2003, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope to be going again this year with my usual crowd ( been the last 2 years ) but would be great to link up on the way or at the circuit.

For what it's worth, and to wet your apitite, I would proffer the following:

1 You will have a ball

2 It's a fair drive down, and monsieur plod takes easy pickin's on the 50,000 or so hacking down. Take the day be vigilant and get the roof down.

3 If you take the Rouen route, you will approach through a long tunnel. Get in convoy, you know you want to I got in amongst a serious gaggle of 360's and 911's last year.... what a hoot

4 If you arrive by about 18.00 make for the town, a procession of cars and drivers takes place.

5 Don't bother to stay awake over race night. Make for the surrounding villages / towns, and book into reasonably priced accommodation, have a nice meal and glass of whatever. Don't worry about the race, most of the cars will still be circulating in the morning Camping overnight is a real test of endurance!

6 The catering on circuit is OK, more than burgers / chips but not exactly local cuisine, which can be had a few km away.

7 Make sure you visit Arnarge corner at night. For those not been, it's a 90 degree corner approached a seemingly suicidal speed ..... you stand about 30 feet from the track WOW

8 Make sure you everywhere with airbox off, co-ordinated toll booth starts are mandatory, and early morning French countryside is well ...... every picture etc.

9 You will see all kinds of transport below are some from last year.

Finally... another broken TVR

10 Take a small Radio. Radio LeMans is a Brit station which is broadcast over the complete week end. Its the only way you can keep up with events on the track.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:53 PM

Sounds like top advice Nick, particularly no. 5

Hope to see you there
Old 11-21-2003, 12:21 AM

ADP, Nick - top posts, I'm looking forward to it already

I'm going to book a number of tickets, and try to get a campsite later today, if I overbook, I can always sell them on ebay It's just too good to miss

Cheers
Rich
Old 11-21-2003, 12:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Blimey Rich, it takes you a little time to get going (once you have been 'chain-ganged' into a job!!), but once your off there is no stopping you - very impressive mate!!
Old 11-21-2003, 04:49 AM
ADP

if you get too many tickets, I can GUARANTEE youll be able to sell them easily on Piston heads or Scoobynet etc etc
Old 11-21-2003, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

WOW! Top idea, top pics. I would really love this, but dont think i can justify it on top of all the others i am going to be doing
Old 11-22-2003, 03:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had 24 hours at Le Mans in 1967. It was very exciting particularly during the hours of darkness. I took a Super 8 film which I still have. Must show it to Big Budgie next time he is home!
Old 11-22-2003, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by ianl
Blimey Rich, it takes you a little time to get going (once you have been 'chain-ganged' into a job!!), but once your off there is no stopping you - very impressive mate!!
Cheers Ian

I've put an order in for 15 general admission tickets and 10 camping places at either Le Houx or Maison Blanche, which are apparently the better sites with toilets etc.

Dunno if we'll get them, as there's lots of mixed reports !

I do know of a booking company who can definately arrange it, but there's a 40-50% weighting on the price

Fingers crossed !
Old 11-22-2003, 05:57 AM
ADP

you can always buy general admission tickets on the door, we pre ordered last time then turned up and realised they were no more expensive on the gate than what wed paid, its the camping tickets that are most important, so I hope you get em!
Old 11-23-2003, 01:06 PM
GSi

, any update on this yet? Are tickets procured? Do we have a campsite plan?

Quick Reply: MEET: Le Mans 2004