UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

NE Meets for 2015

Old 03-03-2015, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NicoS
Just throwing this out there. I'm going karting for a mates birthday this Tuesday 3/3 at 11am at Warden Law. They told me to see if anybody else is interested in going.
Good to see you again Nico, and the rest of the guys just sorry I was unfit to race

I didn't quite catch the 'incident' on about lap 6, but you were going well until then.

I'll be fully fit for the next Kart Meet.

Lew

Oh and I love the AMG Merc
Old 03-03-2015, 05:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to see you too Lew, you're a braver boy than me driving with the roof down!

Yeh the 'incident' was just my throttle cable snapping during qualifying. I had to wait for them to bring a different kart over. Still managed to qualify on pole though!

Yep the C63 AMG is a nice looking car, my mates is the 507 limited edition one which has 507bhp! He struggles to get more than 15mpg even when driving conservatively...
Old 03-04-2015, 12:34 AM

Lew's not a hard man. I was at Seaham yesterday with work and had the drive over and back from Consett with the top down.

It was fine over Seaham, A690, Durham. It was back at Consett that it got a bit cold.

Having said that I got to Consett 20 mins before it started snowing
Old 03-08-2015, 12:11 PM

Liam,

Any plans from the trackday and solstice cruise details I sent over?

or do you want me to sort those two out?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by bikky
Liam,

Bikky

I have been a busy man with car related and other stuff. Firstly been trying to sort wheel refurb and car respray also had a stag do to help organise so unfortunately the meets etc have been put on the back burner.

I don't mind sorting these out but will have to wait a couple more weeks.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by bruceski
Originally Posted by bikky' timestamp='1425845480' post='23531882
Liam,

Bikky

I have been a busy man with car related and other stuff. Firstly been trying to sort wheel refurb and car respray also had a stag do to help organise so unfortunately the meets etc have been put on the back burner.

Ok No worries. Mine's in for respray now, just dropped it off this morning..... Days without my car :'(
Old 03-09-2015, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by bikky
Originally Posted by bruceski' timestamp='1425889394' post='23532392
[quote name='bikky' timestamp='1425845480' post='23531882']
Liam,

Bikky

Ok No worries. Mine's in for respray now, just dropped it off this morning..... Days without my car :'(
[/quote]

Yeah I decided to keep my buddy club wheels so they are currently in for a refurb/recolour. The guy is still waiting for me to source the paint as didnt want to go 'boring' silver etc as this all he stocks. Wanted something a bit different, thinking about going midnight purple (Nissan Skyline colour) as looks almost black from a distance then purple up close. Then the car goes in for a respray on the 20th (away that weekend anyway so its a good chance). So by next month car should look smart again . Just need to source tyres in April, as funds too low in March, swap wheels over and jobs a good'un.

Anyway I have rabbited on enough about car. I will get on to sorting meets etc. either later this week or early next week, once everything else sorted.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by bruceski
Originally Posted by bikky' timestamp='1425892577' post='23532409
[quote name='bruceski' timestamp='1425889394' post='23532392']
[quote name='bikky' timestamp='1425845480' post='23531882']
Liam,

Bikky

[/quote]

Yeah I decided to keep my buddy club wheels so they are currently in for a refurb/recolour. The guy is still waiting for me to source the paint as didnt want to go 'boring' silver etc as this all he stocks. Wanted something a bit different, thinking about going midnight purple (Nissan Skyline colour) as looks almost black from a distance then purple up close. Then the car goes in for a respray on the 20th (away that weekend anyway so its a good chance). So by next month car should look smart again . Just need to source tyres in April, as funds too low in March, swap wheels over and jobs a good'un.

Anyway I have rabbited on enough about car. I will get on to sorting meets etc. either later this week or early next week, once everything else sorted.
[/quote]

Ahh well some help may be available there...

Spray paints I goto this place - http://durham.cylex-uk.co.uk/company...-16339977.html

For Tyres I use Tyres 2 U North East. He turns up when and where you need, good service and cheap. My Eagle F1 Assy2's cost 300 for the rears. http://www.mobile-tyres2u.co.uk/
Old 03-09-2015, 08:03 AM

Thanks Bikky I'll check them out.

By the way what do you think of eagles? had them on previous cars and were very good but seemed to wear quite quickly.

I was looking at these as well as michelin pilot sport 3s as possibilities. Both get great reviews and around the same price, that being said I have till April to decide so will just keep reading reviews and monitoring prices.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:30 AM

I've had no issues with them, and like them. As for longevity, haven't had the car a year yet, but the Front's are wearing very well, considering they're a year old and been on track.

The rears have been on 6 months, and went around croft too. still have plenty of life in them.. I think I'll see 10-12k and 2 track days out of a set of rears if that's good, although not sure yet, will see in October if I've had to replace them and how far I got.

Quick Reply: NE Meets for 2015