North Wales today?

Old 09-26-2004, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you enjoyed joining our group for the drive
Old 09-26-2004, 10:10 AM
P 1

Matt
This is the car you were following (It doesn't always look like that, or so they told me....

Good to (just about) see you joining in the fun in the fog. Still haven't a clue where we were

Originally Posted by NotTheOracle,Sep 25 2004, 11:10 PM
You can just about make out an S2000 fog light in this pic - was the one with the pink covers

Cheers,
Matt
Old 09-26-2004, 10:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good work NTO - making the effort to come over here to tell us you had seen the meet. We saw you in the lay by.

Hail the MiniBoys
Old 09-26-2004, 11:35 AM

Hi again,

Thanks for the messages The number of replies has beaten the Lancer Register site hands down

That was the road you were on, the B4407, after it cleared up a little in the afternoon - was still foggy right at the very top though. Pretty scary doing it the second time because I noticed a huge great big lake on the right hand side, I swear that wasn't there in the morning!! Only about 3 metres from the edge of the road too... with no real barrier...

To answer some posts...

I'm from www.mini2.com - much the same set up as here, international site, free to join, and localised groups. We've got a little group in North Wales but get a lot from preston etc. Our meets are generally 10-20 cars round here, sometimes less, but some of the meets have had 150ish. Which is crazy.

It's good to see people willing to use Mini's as backroad cars though - that's what they're there for! I chose mine over and above a VX220 (its a weekend plaything, not really used in the week) so they are good fun when used properly, especially with the (expensive) Works 210bhp kit. I hate seeing the ones in cities, all company cars and just not used 'right'... no doubt you get some of those too. (did try a CTR but wasn't for me!)

When I was taking the photo and saw the two headlights, nearly scared the life out of me. I only thought it was one car, and was more than a bit embarassed - was expecting the driver to think.. what a prat, taking a photo of the scenery in the middle of a cloud!! Then it turned out to be 8 of you...

If any of you fancy making some quick notes about the route you did that day, and which roads are the best etc, that would be a great help to me! Our next run that I'm organising is 10th October, start with Sunday lunch in a pub in Ruthin then do the "evo triangle", stopping at llyn brenig, then probably down to Bala and back. I wanted to do the A470 (thats why I turned right when you went left), or even better A498 (i think!).. but there's massive roadworks and too many 30 limits... so had to go back to the drawing board a bit.

And yeah that was definitely the car I followed

Hope you all had a good, fun meet and got home in tact - weather would have been much better today...

Matt
Old 09-26-2004, 11:58 AM

Nice one Matt.

Originally Posted by NotTheOracle,Sep 26 2004, 08:35 PM
If any of you fancy making some quick notes about the route you did that day, and which roads are the best etc, that would be a great help to me! Our next run that I'm organising is 10th October, start with Sunday lunch in a pub in Ruthin then do the "evo triangle", stopping at llyn brenig, then probably down to Bala and back. I wanted to do the A470 (thats why I turned right when you went left), or even better A498 (i think!).. but there's massive roadworks and too many 30 limits... so had to go back to the drawing board a bit.
If you send a PM to Ade or Scooby, I'm sure they wouldn't mind letting you have a copy of the route. The last section we did back into Shrewsbury was fantastic.

[QUOTE=bluenoon,Sep 26 2004, 12:23 AM]There's no cars in this one but it makes me laugh.........Fletch patiently waiting for the drive-by
Old 09-27-2004, 01:13 AM

Matt - thanks for saying hi, always nice to be seen
Old 09-27-2004, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper,Sep 26 2004, 07:32 PM
We saw you in the lay by.
Now it all makes sense. I was sitting there last night thinking I'm sure I saw a mini in that section but could not for the life of me place where I had seen it.

Next time I'll make sure to give a headlight flash and damn good
Old 09-27-2004, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kelk,Sep 27 2004, 02:34 AM
Now it all makes sense. I was sitting there last night thinking I'm sure I saw a mini in that section but could not for the life of me place where I had seen it.

Next time I'll make sure to give a headlight flash and damn good
Hopefully this time I won't be sat in the lay-by!! I think I counted five times I managed to "get air" on that road after going back the second time! All good fun.

Would definitely not want to break down up there in that kind of weather.. Nice RAC Man: "where are you?" Me: "er......................... well... er...... " (cue jokes about Honda's never break down )

Will stay subscribed to this thread and if any of you are ever in the area again and want a Cooper S or two tagging along for a little drive to blow away some cobwebs then give me a shout...
Old 09-28-2004, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by NotTheOracle,Sep 27 2004, 12:40 PM
Hopefully this time I won't be sat in the lay-by!! I think I counted five times I managed to "get air" on that road after going back the second time! All good fun.

Would definitely not want to break down up there in that kind of weather.. Nice RAC Man: "where are you?" Me: "er......................... well... er...... " (cue jokes about Honda's never break down )

Will stay subscribed to this thread and if any of you are ever in the area again and want a Cooper S or two tagging along for a little drive to blow away some cobwebs then give me a shout...
Hey Matt,
Nice to see you (well on the lower road).
Old 10-04-2004, 10:21 AM

Seeing as someone asked...
The foggy patch was along the B4407 from Ysbyty Ifan, and we then turned
left onto the B4391 back towards Bala.

here's a map.

U.