UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Nurburgring trip

Old 12-05-2011, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nurburgring trip

Hi guys,

As stated a few of us are going to the Nurburgring. I've managed to choose the date and routes with a couple of my mates. First thing we need as a check list is:-

Passport
Drivers License
Insurance(You need to check if it will cover you round Europe, this does not mean you are INSURED going on the track in the Nurburgring. You will need a seperate insurance cover for the track day)
European break down cover
Track day insurance (as mentioned above)
EHIC (European Health Insurance cover) if you do not have one you can apply going into the post office. This is personal accident insurance.

The date we will be going is on the 3rd June, and will be coming back on the 7th June. So it will be a good few days out in europe as well.

As a few of us are going from North Wales, we decided that we will be going to the Dover route which will get us to Calais. From there it will take us 302 miles, apprently taking 4 hours and 25mins to get to the track itself.

Prices from Dover to Calais:- 95.00 - 110.00 roughly on what peak times we are looking at. That is with 2 people and a car that will be UP to 1.8 metres high. So we will definitely get away with it all for height
Looking to book this in mid-January so let me know so we can all book at the same time.

Hotels. Not fully looked into them but their roughly around £50 plus. I will look into that soon.

Here is a helpful website for beginners like myself to look at which I've found. A bit of guidance for the trip itself.

http://nurburgring.org.uk/beginners.php

Any questions please let me know and I'll get back to you all. Other than that i will start a list and you guys can add your names by copying and pasting it all.

If I've missed anything let me know but thanks for your time on reading this guys,

Dat Ho
Old 12-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am interested but this will depend on whether I still have a job by the time this comes around.

Where in the country would you be leaving from?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:20 AM

Hi pal, you been well?

I can understand your circumstances. Well We are thinking of leaving from Hull to get to Zeebrugge in Belgium so we can have a bit of rest. It's going to be a 4 or 5 day trip anyways. Mate of mine has just come back from his holiday and we're gonna be meeting up to plan the routes in the next few days. Come and join us and I'll give u the heads up whats happening.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by S2k_ed84
Hi pal, you been well?

I can understand your circumstances. Well We are thinking of leaving from Hull. Then get a bit of rest as it will take few hours to get there I think. It's going to be a 4 or 5 day trip anyways. Mate of mine has just come back from his holiday and we're gonna be meeting up to plan the routes in the next few days. Come and join us and I'll give u the heads up whats happening.
Moderator comment: please don't use text speak, thanks.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you look at the official opening schedule, which can change at short notice.

Also be aware that you are pretty much uninsured to drive on the ring during normal touristenfahrten.

You're better off doing a track day there, or hiring cars to do tf, which are insured. The insurance situation really sucks
Old 12-10-2011, 03:20 AM

im up for this look forward to more info . i dont fancy a track day though would like my brakes to make it back home lol.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:08 AM

On a track day you will drive no different to tf. And you'll probably use less brakes. No bikes to avoid.

Seriously though, you are not insured for tf. It's a sad bad state of affairs, but people are finding out to their cost. 100k bill for a serious crash is not unheard of.

Even if your insurers pay out, they will sue you after the fact. And win.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:16 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I will neever do a TF day again under the current rules.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:20 AM

I will, but it'll be in hire cars. Yes there's an excess, but it's limited so you know the extent of your liability when you set out.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:05 AM

Yeah i'm up for hiring then drawing on others experience dont want to have to worry about costs if it goes tits up and then making it home again.

Quick Reply: Nurburgring trip