UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

2002 Dilemma

Old 10-20-2001, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY

Mikerich, you are absolutely right in your argument but it all dissapears out the window once you are in the drivers seat.
Oh I couldn't agree more - why do you think the days seem so long until January

It's just that words like 'justification' don't fit in my world with irrational joy
Old 10-20-2001, 10:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikerich
[B]
True - but if your quote was the same as the starter quote i.e.
Old 10-20-2001, 10:25 AM

Originally posted by moor deybe

I originally approached a dealer in Derby who told me they didn't have an S2000 available to test drive, which I expected, but upon enquiring if they might have a demonstrator available in the next few months that I could test drive I was informed "No sir you cannot, people who are knowledgeable about the car just place an order and wait six months for delivery". The salesman kept a straight face while saying this, I unfortunately couldn't.
Please share your response with us! If I had been told that I think my response would have been been either cutting or profane

Much as I respect Honda and their products, road test reviews etc. I would not have parted with so much money for any car without a test drive. He must be from a different planet...

BTW
Old 10-20-2001, 11:28 AM

At
Old 10-20-2001, 11:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UKjasonm
[B]At
Old 10-20-2001, 03:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tifosi Red
[B]

Please share your response with us! If I had been told that I think my response would have been been either cutting or profane
Old 10-20-2001, 04:33 PM

Hi moor,

you should have come along to one of our meets... you would have seen plenty of s2000's in the flesh...

I missed the last one, but im sure there will be many more to come...
Old 10-21-2001, 01:25 AM

Originally posted by moor deybe

My response was :

20 seconds of silence where neither of us spoke, I was thinking "did I hear that right?", the salesman was probably thinking "I wonder if my Emperor's new clothes sales technique will work"
Great stuff, cheers! Hope the wait is not too interminable, I was hell to live with whilst mine came and that was only for about 10 weeks!
Old 10-21-2001, 01:43 AM

In January this year I was considering the possibility of buying an S2000 so I stopped by my local dealer just to see what they looked like. Before I knew what was happening, I was out in a test drive there and then! Slight difference in service from what you experienced. Despite this good service I also went with Virgin as they were saving me
Old 10-21-2001, 02:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its bascially personal choice. I bought a car that was destined to be a dealer deomnstrator, before it arrived at the dealer. Waited about 6 weeks. With the hardtop, and other bits I had done the savings from importing would not have been that significant - having the car meant more to me.

I don't think it matters if you import or not, just do what you're happy with and enjoy the car.

I've had several problems with mine S2k, mostly minor, but I'm still very happy with it, and the way I bought it. I certainly don't sit in it wishing I'd waited a months to save ~

Quick Reply: 2002 Dilemma