UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Access Car Consultants - DO NOT USE

Old 11-13-2001, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Access Car Consultants - DO NOT USE

I strongly advise against using this company - I'm glad I found out about their service now and not after ordering the car.

I phone up to complain about the service and was cut off.. I sent an email asking them whether they wanted me to buy a car or not and got the following reply:-

----

'Bothered'

----

If thats their attitude I would stay WELL clear of them and make sure anyone you know doesn't use them either.. they give importers a very bad name.
Old 11-13-2001, 04:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can think of a number of equally terse one-word replies to that e-mail.

Never mind looks like you might see him in the dole queue soon.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:28 AM

Word of mouth spreads quickly on the web, these jokers will struggle to stay afloat long with that sort of attitude.
Old 11-13-2001, 02:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by metula
[B]I strongly advise against using this company - I'm glad I found out about their service now and not after ordering the car.

I sent an email asking them whether they wanted me to buy a car or not and got the following reply:-

----

'Bothered'

----

[QUOTE]

I must admit that I would love to send e-mails like that sometimes ... but SH!T you guys are right they are not going to keep going long if they do things like that..!!
Old 11-14-2001, 12:56 AM

[i]

'Bothered'

----
[/B]
This was the guy I bought my Megane from a couple of years ago. As I said in a previous thread they were crap. Lied about lead times, were happy to talk to you unitl they had your cash deposit and then could not give a shit.
This whole experience has put me ever buying from abroad again, much rather have the dealer/client relationship now, worth the extra to avoid the hassles

Anthony
Old 11-14-2001, 01:52 AM

Well I'll be buying my car direct from the dealer - the dealer in Europe that is.. same saving, no pointless middleman.

Current price is roughly 21700 including VAT for March delivery. (arrrgghhh the wait....) Obviously I'll be adding a few little extras here and there though

Thanks for your warning anyway - it made me stop and think a little before diving on in with that bunch.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:43 AM

Suggestion:

Contact Car Import Guide magazine regarding this thread as they seem to mention ACC quite frequently. You may want to point out to CIG that their recommendations could give themselves a bad name. It might also be worth pasting this link on to other "boards".

I use the Fiat Coupe board still and occasionally the Evo VI one. If enough people think it's a reasonable idea - and not too childish - it might be worth passing this info on to save others grief in the future.
Old 11-14-2001, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Dog Biscuit
Suggestion:

I use the Fiat Coupe board still and occasionally the Evo VI one. If enough people think it's a reasonable idea - and not too childish - it might be worth passing this info on to save others grief in the future.
Excellent idea, that is what places like these are for
Old 11-14-2001, 02:01 PM

Yes please pass this information on to any other bbs you use. I could not believe their attitude. I would hate to be the guy/gal waiting for their car from these guys.

On a brighter note, I just ordered my S2000 from Mol Motors..

On a darker note, I now have to wait til march
Old 11-14-2001, 10:51 PM

Great news metula - glad you got sorted out. You've got to love that silver black/red combo

Quick Reply: Access Car Consultants - DO NOT USE