UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Advice required about dealer.

Old 02-05-2003, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice required about dealer.

Hi All

I can't think of the dealers name but it is on the opposite side of the carriageway just up the road from Birmingham Airport. Is there anyone who uses this dealer and can recommend them to me, or any other dealers that are in the B'ham area that are worthy of a mention, as I am looking to buy a new S2000 from someone.

Cheers
Old 02-05-2003, 09:57 AM

Tomcat, you're thinking of Tachbrook Honda, my local dealer.

The sales people there when I first went for a test drive there weren't particularly knowledgeable. They also didn't have an S in stock for me to try, so they promised to give me a call when they had one in for service, and said I could take that out!

Perhaps more importantly in the longer run, they've been pretty good for service. I had my 9,000 mile service and the product update work done there in October last year and it went through smoothly enough (although they hadn't remember to stamp my service manual until I prompted them......... ) The service manager is a South African guy called Derek - he's pretty helpful.

The one area where they really did let themselves down was when I called for a quote for a hardtop. I knew very well from on here that the going rate was anywhere from around
Old 02-05-2003, 10:44 PM

Hi guys - I'm a new S200 owner (2nd hand though!). Ex - Silhilian, now Redditch-ite (is that what I am???).

Anyway - Tachbrook Honda were showing off their cars in Touchwood the other week. I was still on the lookout for an 'S' then so I asked the sales guy what they had. Well, if I had 24 Grand, they've got a black '02 Mugen jobbie sitting in the showroom! It might well have gone by now, but if you're looking for a new one Tomcat, get up there and get a test drive!!!

I'll be using Tachbrook for my services etc, so It's nice to hear that they're (sort of) competent!

See you around.

Nigel
Old 02-05-2003, 10:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Tomcat

..... as I am looking to buy a new S2000 from someone.
There are 'almost' new cars up for sale on here from board members at very good prices.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:36 AM

Hi nijbuck!

May I recommend the Honda dealer in West Brom. It is quite new so I think they are trying to make a good impression! Speak to a guy called Richard he's been really helpful to me and Sam (although she is blonde and good looking!! )

We paid
Old 02-06-2003, 01:47 AM

Originally posted by nijbuck
Hi guys - I'm a new S200 owner (2nd hand though!). Ex - Silhilian, now Redditch-ite (is that what I am???).
Hi Nigel

I'm a current Silhillian - one of 6 S2000s that I know about in town.

Have you considered Clark's Honda? I think they have dealers in Kidderminster, Halesowen and Bromsgrove. One of those might be more accessible for you, if you're now in Redditch? They were quite helpful when I was making enquiries about the cost of hard tops, and I think that there was someone on here a while back who had used them for servicing and given them a 9/10 of the dealer survery which was undertaken.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:17 AM

Cheers Edd - you got a good deal on your car, I must say!

Mark. Yeah - I must investigate England to the West of Redditch! I still have a lot of ties to Solihull, and we're always there on Saturday - shopping (well, she did let me have my dream car, so I have to keep her happy! A shopping woman = a happy woman!)

I got talking to a chap on Comet's car park a few weeks ago. He had a Blue / hardtop 'S'. He told me about this site, which I've used to get valuable information from before making my purchase. It wasn't you was it? I also saw a silver one last Sunday going past the 'Cheswick' toward Solihull. Again - you perhaps??
Old 02-06-2003, 02:31 AM

Comet at Solihull retail park? No, not me, Nigel - I don't have a hardtop, although mine is Monte Carlo Blue. Was the one in question MCB? If so, that's another S2000 in Solihull that I didn't know about.

Fatboy, who has posted here a few times, has a Nurburgring Blue S with tinted glass and the full HKS upgrade kit, so it might have been him if it was NB rather than MCB. I think he lives somewhere near the town centre.

The silverstone down by the Cheswick may well have been Craig Armstrong, who I work with and who posts here from time to time. He lives in Dickens Heath. There's also one belonging to an owner who lives in Monkspath, I gather.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:20 AM

It could have been Fatboy then as it was a Nurburgring Blue.

As yet I don't know of any other Redditch owners! Are there any out there?
Old 02-06-2003, 03:28 AM

Hi,

Yes it was me in comet carpark , How did you guess ?

To answer another point i did purchase my car at Tachbrook with the HKS kit etc.

The sales guy was Howard, cannot say he was knowledgable but pleasant and helpful.

They did claim to be able to get new models quickly but they had mine in stock so it was 7 days from first contact to delivery

glad you found the site helpful

regards all

Quick Reply: Advice required about dealer.