UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Alarm with hood down?

Old 10-04-2007, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm with hood down?

Ok, so the hood is down, I set the alarm and wait 30 seconds (ish) for the red light to reach its 'armed' short flash status. I then wave my hand inside, open storage area, let hand brake off and pretty much anything else I fancy with no reaction from the alarm??? What am I doing wrong?? Cheers Jez.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 AM

With the hood down the internal sensors are usually deactivated.
Depends on what alarm you have I suppose.

Would you want you alarm going off if a leaf fell into your car when the roof was off ??
Old 10-04-2007, 09:16 AM

press lock on keyfob once, armed.
press lock, wait for 4 flashes and lock press again results on 3 flashes and motion sensors turned off.

this is on an 03. yours is an 07? so poss more intelligent and turns off motion sensors if hood down.

what does your manual say????????????!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:46 AM

My 07 needs the internal driver's door lock pushed to whilst the handle is opened, then the door shut - this turns off the internal sensors....
Old 10-04-2007, 12:27 PM

Mine is a MY56. Pretty sure the press once then again on the fob is no longer relevent for the newer models.

I was shown the same thing as Steb when I got mine, however I don't think it is related to having the roof down. see below.

Faction, I don't think you have a problem. Yours does what mine does.

This is how it should work:

When you leave the car, if you lock the car with the fob, the alarm will arm too. If the roof is down the microwave sensors are automatically disabled. Only opening the doors, bonnet, boot or removing the radio will set it off (or trying to steel it!).

If when the drivers door is open (as in open) if you lock the door manually from the inside, when you close the door the alarm will arm but will again disable the microwave sensors. This is not for when the roof is down, this is for when you leave someone (or a pet, god no) in the car, or maybe on a ferry. So its for when the roof is left up.

...this is also what the manual says.......

Gavin
Old 10-05-2007, 04:18 AM

that is my understanding as well.

The double lock button push is just the dealers not understanding the S2000. Pretty much every other Honda in recent times 2nd push on the lock button engages the deadlocks. S2000 = no deadlocks AFAIK.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:32 AM

The S2000 has deadlocks, and they are always engaged when the alarm is armed. In fact you can actually hear them engage when you arm the alarm.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by simonprelude,Oct 4 2007, 04:55 PM
With the hood down the internal sensors are usually deactivated.
Depends on what alarm you have I suppose.

Would you want you alarm going off if a leaf fell into your car when the roof was off ??
That's what the dealer told me when I went back to complain my alarm didn't go off when I waved my hand in the car. Mine's an 03.

(I hasten to add that when I went to look at it I was told not to put my hands in it as the alarm was on...... obviously that particular salesman didn't know..... and that was the only reason I went back to complain!!)
Old 10-09-2007, 04:29 AM

I've spoken to Bob Gerards and the Honda dealer and they both say that the alarm should go off when you wave your hand around with the hood down, BG even tried on a car they have in to confirm. After trying it again on mine I did eventually get it to go off. Not sure if the sensors can be adjusted, but I'm thinking mine are possibly a little under sensitive, getting it checked at Honda dealer next week.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. I do have to wave my hand quite a lot to get the alarm go off with the hood down. So if there is any adjustments that the dealer can show you to make it more sensitive then please let us know.

Quick Reply: Alarm with hood down?