UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Alarm problem now

Old 04-28-2012, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fontal
Bollocks alarm going crazy again so battery disconnected once more
why don't you just have the alarm totally removed.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by killa_uk
Originally Posted by Fontal' timestamp='1335620443' post='21650983
Bollocks alarm going crazy again so battery disconnected once more
why don't you just have the alarm totally removed.
I would but there is nobody up here that can and to get to Aberdeen is 12 hours on a ferry and about £300 one way
Old 04-28-2012, 05:43 PM

Omg just looked on google where you actually are!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

My guess would be a dicky earth - somewhere with fresh paint where the contact for one of the sensors is no longer as good as it was. In my case, it was the iPod that was connected to my wifi when it was left in the car, the alarm was picking up the voltage draw when it wasn't in airplane mode.

Primary candidates for me would be bonnet pin, door switches or boot switch as those are the things that will have been moved for painting.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:52 PM

... maybe they left the ignition on, battery gone flat and now the battery is in need a replacement?

i did the same. 2 year old battery, left interior light on over night, and battery killed itself. wouldnt hold charge for more than 3-4 days with very slow turnover come monday morning if it didnt get used over the weekend.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by unclefester
My guess would be a dicky earth - somewhere with fresh paint where the contact for one of the sensors is no longer as good as it was. In my case, it was the iPod that was connected to my wifi when it was left in the car, the alarm was picking up the voltage draw when it wasn't in airplane mode.

Primary candidates for me would be bonnet pin, door switches or boot switch as those are the things that will have been moved for painting.
i know you have checked them but i would check again as only the slightest amount of paint or corrosion will effect the alarm,
Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 AM

I've just got of the phone to the engineer at Hamilton palmer, his diagnosis is the mother board in the alarm is on its way out as the hazards aren't flashing when the alarm goes off. They have quoted me £236 delivered for a new board.
I have thought about getting a new alarm fitted but it'll cost me nearly £1000 to get the alarm and get to the mainland to have the old one removed and new one fitted so I'll probably just get a new board and fit it my self.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 AM

Bonus they phoned me back with a price of £195.60 so I've ordered it up.

I think I'll do write up on how to change the board when it arrives
Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 AM

Try disconnecting the bonnet sensor completely, that's what it was on mine.

But if new board on way then do that and leave battery disconnected until then. I thought the alarm had its own battery though so would still go off?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 AM

Speak to H&P and they can tell you how to pull certain fuses to stop it (I'm not going to put this info on a public board and I suggest no-one else does either!!!)

When you use the key, are you turning the ignition on/off as well before locking?

Also, I got some money back from H&P for returning the old board.

Despite issues with the alarm (which is great most it's life for me), H&P have great service which, imo, worth sticking with them. Try contacting Clifford/Toad/etc. if you have issues with their alarms

Quick Reply: Alarm problem now