UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Another newbie

Old 04-29-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another newbie

Hi guys

Thought I'd introduce myself. As with most have been lurking for a while but there comes a time in every s2k fanatics life where he must bite the bullet and say hello! I recently purchased my first s2000 after about 4-5 years worth of talk (and having a little girl that literally put a stop to my plan) and am looking for any hints and tips on certain mods (or upgrades though I don't wanna start the debate again) that I can do to my car.
First and foremost Id like some best buys for under the hood, eventually leading to potential suspension upgrade, brakes, and maybe an exhaust - but to be honest those bits will come much later after ive enjoyed her a little first.
I like it seems one or two others am also keen to introduce a front lip and rear spoiler (the very basic one) and have read Si at Hendy performance is the guy for that?
Anyway hopefully meet some of you at some meets soon. Based over in peterborough!

Cheers in advance for the under the hood advice!
Ads
Old 04-29-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by s2kads
Hi guys

Thought I'd introduce myself. As with most have been lurking for a while but there comes a time in every s2k fanatics life where he must bite the bullet and say hello! I recently purchased my first s2000 after about 4-5 years worth of talk (and having a little girl that literally put a stop to my plan) and am looking for any hints and tips on certain mods (or upgrades though I don't wanna start the debate again) that I can do to my car.
First and foremost Id like some best buys for under the hood, eventually leading to potential suspension upgrade, brakes, and maybe an exhaust - but to be honest those bits will come much later after ive enjoyed her a little first.
I like it seems one or two others am also keen to introduce a front lip and rear spoiler (the very basic one) and have read Si at hendry performance is the guy for that? Does he still do group buys? If anyone else wants to go in for bits message me and we can see where it leads!
Anyway hopefully meet some of you at some meets soon. Based over in peterborough!

Cheers in advance for the under the hood advice!
Ads
I believe there is a group by for the ZunSport front mesh/grille kit in the FS forum, might be worth a look? I just bought one off ebay, should have looked here first! I'll keep my eye on this post so I can get any good advice too since I recently bought
Old 04-29-2015, 12:14 PM

Yeah I saw that you bought. You went to see the red s2k I had seen a while back and didn't buy pretty muh for the same reasons as you. He was a little funny about things. I felt for 10k although the he did want more it should have been perfect.
Cheers for tips. You have a blue one, right?