UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Any clever sat nav / device fitting pictures?

Old 04-02-2007, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any clever sat nav / device fitting pictures?

So, how do people install these things then to make it look nice and tidy?

With the cigarette lighter being where it is, I cannot see a nice install. How much effort is it to have power nearer the actual location you want the device?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 AM

I have installed a double cigarette lighter socket under the drivers footwell and taken the feed off of the aux power point on the fuse box (its in the FAQ how to do it).

All i did was run the cable from the footwell up the side of the dash and onto the righthand side of the dash.

I have no pics but could put some up later for you.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:25 AM

It's relatively straightforward to take a feed from the aux spare terminal at the fusebox under the drivers right knee, beneath the dash. You can lead a cable up over the dash, or through the gap between the dash/A pillar corner.

For central mounting, you can lead a cable behind the head unit/centre console and up over the centre of the dash.

(If you are a big bloke, you might struggle to fiddle about beneath the dash, and getting the earth terminal onto the point there can be tricky.)
Old 04-02-2007, 04:30 AM

I just tuck the power cable under the handbrake, now that is clever as it cost zilcho!

Old 04-02-2007, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by euan,Apr 2 2007, 01:25 PM
(If you are a big bloke, you might struggle to fiddle about beneath the dash, and getting the earth terminal onto the point there can be tricky.)
As a "big bloke" I have to agree but it can be done by lying sideways on the seat upside down with your head under the dash.

Just make sure noone sees you

I mounted my origin b2 this way and it all looks pretty neat with all the wires tucked away behind the right side of the dashboard.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 AM

I started a trend

Hardwired under the dash
Old 04-02-2007, 05:03 AM

The FAQ uses terms such as lug, inline fuse, crimp ring terminal to ground wire, etc.

Now can anyone put this is simple terms? do I have to destroy the power lead of the device to get to the internal wires? How many internal wires are there? What tools will I need? Will the battery need to be unplugged?

Should I just get the Halfords man to do it?
Old 04-02-2007, 05:19 AM

The B2 was a piece of piss and I have absolutely no techical skills at all. It was a matter of cutting the plug off the end of the lead which had 2 wires in it.

I bought an inline fuse holder and fuse from halfords for a pound or so and attached to the live wire and a connector for even fewer pence for the earth and conected as per the faq.

It is a little fiddly but definitely not difficult.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:30 AM

I just run my aux lead through the netting in the passenger footwell then run it up on the dash. Keeps the lead out of the way of the handbrake and gear stick.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:35 AM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=333184

probably the most gucci of the installs iv seen, very slick, worth a go if you can be bothered

Quick Reply: Any clever sat nav / device fitting pictures?