UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Best cruises in the UK to 'brake' a new StooK in?

Old 10-26-2001, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best cruises in the UK to 'brake' a new StooK in?

Okay, I am still counting down to my car arriving, but once I have it I am gona have to get 700+miles on the clock pretty quick so I can unleash the VTEC experience :E

So what are you favorite crusies around the UK?

My folks live in Wales so driving around Brecon is exceptional and will surely rack up a few 100 miles, but where else can I go?
Old 10-26-2001, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unpalatable though it may sound, long motorway journeys are probably the most efficient way to rack up the miles quickly, with the proviso that the running in period should be at varied speeds too.

Some of those Welsh roads are going to be very tempting but don't do it prior to full break-in. The car definitely seems to reward a careful break-in.
Old 10-26-2001, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by Query

So what are you favorite crusies around the UK?

I did Dover to Boulogne once.......bit choppy though
Old 10-26-2001, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stupid boy Pike! I'll send you home in a moment.
Old 10-26-2001, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
Stupid boy Pike! I'll send you home in a moment.
I'll never forget seeing a bloke (obviously very seasick) run to the rail and launch a large stream of hot puke over the side. Only for the wind to 'grab' it and throw it back all over him ROFLMAO.
Those cross channel ferries are horrible things.
In my opinion the best place for a cruise is probably the Med.
Old 10-27-2001, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

North Yorkshire Moors are nice - and opening up post foot and mouth. This is one thing to watch for - there are still restrictions in some places. Might be worth a quick check before you go somewhere.

Oh - I asked a similar question a while back. So try an advanced search for 'best drives' and hpefulyl you'll find the thread.

Have fun with the car

-Brian.
Old 10-27-2001, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by bmarshall
North Yorkshire Moors are nice - and opening up post foot and mouth. This is one thing to watch for - there are still restrictions in some places. Might be worth a quick check before you go somewhere.

Oh - I asked a similar question a while back. So try an advanced search for 'best drives' and hpefulyl you'll find the thread.

Have fun with the car

-Brian.
Good tip Brian, this was discussed a few months ago and some great drives were put forward.
Wherever you drive, you will just keep on going so it's all a bit irrelevant really.
Old 10-28-2001, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY

I did Dover to Boulogne once.......bit choppy though

In the summer I went over to Calais and went to various places, French Motorways much more fun, topped out at 140 - common sense kicked in here, along with the will to live, unfortunately did get a smashed windscreen for my fun!
The French also love the car, never had so many stares from people

Anthony
Old 10-28-2001, 08:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Anthony
[B]

In the summer I went over to Calais and went to various places, French Motorways much more fun, topped out at 140 - common sense kicked in here, along with the will to live, unfortunately did get a smashed windscreen for my fun!
Old 10-28-2001, 09:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by awinskill

Hope you could have afforded the 4K UKP fine....

France has a punative fine structure so that if you were caught doing over 120mph you get an automatic night in the cells and a 4 grand fine payable on release

Failure to pay results in the car being impounded

I once was timed between two autoroute toll booths..... had quite a few sweaty moments waiting until Mr Gendarme knocked on my window, got a "nice car.... just drive a little slower" and waved me through.
I had a sudden nervous moment when I got to the toll booth on the expressway here in Japan first time.....

A sudden thought.... "do they time you??" We did the calculation and I averaged 130k for an hour and a quarter (80mph) not that fast, but in a 80k limit the whole way....

Fortunately speeding here is not considered quite as politically incorrect as it is in Europe....

Quick Reply: Best cruises in the UK to 'brake' a new StooK in?