UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Which is best to drive S2000 or Impreza Turbo

Old 02-14-2002, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by awinskill
A number of people claim that black S2000's are fastest. Don't listen to them. Silver S2000's have an extra inch of right foot movement
Hey...I have proof .

Sorry, I can't really add to the thread, as I was not considering the Impreza when I was looking.
Old 02-14-2002, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by dinsdale

But......

You can buy Andy's!

Old 02-15-2002, 02:32 AM

I never fail to be impressed with you guys - any other car forum with a posting like 'Which is better, your car or the Impreza' would result in a thread of scooby bashing. All I see here is good advice and objective posts, there are a few magazine journalists who'd do well to take the same approach towards the S2000.

S2000 owners are just so....civilised

Maybe it's just that S2000 owners aren't as insecure as owners of other cars.
Old 02-15-2002, 02:33 AM

You can buy Andy's!

That would violate my rule about buying performance cars... make sure you're the first owner.. only you get to trash it!

Pete
Old 02-15-2002, 04:14 AM
Banned

Quote"

I know which one I would drive on a sunny day down any road, leaving regular Impreza's in my wake!"

Do you think its quicker in the dry then?

PaulB

I totally agree with you comments mate.

Arranging a test drive, will let you know what I think.

Old 02-15-2002, 04:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Subaru2000
Quote"

I know which one I would drive on a sunny day down any road, leaving regular Impreza's in my wake!"

PaulB

Oh yes, I'm talking your regular 215 Bhp models, they have the traction off the line, but on the move just can't keep up, and on another note, at Bedfords 'how fast day' I was faster around the track than many Sub's (regular I guess) but as fast as a Tommi Makkinen EVO6 on racing slicks with Brake Upgrade!! My moment of the day, even though Palmer Race Driver in their S2000 was 10 seconds faster than me!!!

Of course, me and the Smart traded blows when it was raining (j/k)
Old 02-15-2002, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by dinsdale

That would violate my rule about buying performance cars... make sure you're the first owner.. only you get to trash it!

Pete
I've never trashed it..... I've still got the original tyres on it with 4.5mm of tread and nearly 15K miles

OK the other set are "worn" but I'll not mention them
Old 02-15-2002, 07:57 AM

I've never trashed it..... I've still got the original tyres on it with 4.5mm of tread and nearly 15K miles

OK the other set are "worn" but I'll not mention them
I made it to 30K on the first set of RE010's on my Impreza. Thats what too much boring driving up and down the motorway does for you...

Pete
Old 02-15-2002, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by Subaru2000
Quote"

PaulB

To be brutally honest, on public roads the Impreza will leave the S2000 no matter what the weather. As I mentioned above, I've got a standard 217bhp (Paul - that extra 2bhp is important! ) MY00 Turbo and had an S2000. I could cover ground in the Turbo much quicker than the S2000, but as a number of people have pointed out, S2000 ownership is about more than covering ground quickly.

On the track the S2000 could pull away from the Impreza, especially on long straights. But the Impreza would pull back on the tight twisties and, after a lap or so, the Impreza would pull back under braking

To be honest though, a well driven Impreza Sport could keep up with an averagely driven Turbo or S2000.

Personally, I've had an Impreza, loved it though I'm not sure I would buy another when this one goes (I'd like to try something different). I'm not sure the STi would be sufficiently different, only moving the experience up a couple of knotches. Would I have another S2000? Again the answer would have to be no.

If I had an open cheque book what would I get? I think I'd actually go for an Elise/Exige or a VX220. While I'm not really a fan of the style of the S2 Elise their handling is to die for. Performance wise they're not far off the S2000 on public roads and on track they're amazing. I think the VX220 is underrated. The unfortunate advertising when it was launched hamstrung it. With the VX you'd get ABS and airbags if you weren't feeling confident, and cheaper servicing than Lotus dealers. The VX also has a much better exhaust note than the Elise! Mind you, in the Exige (190 VHPD) you'd swear there wasn't any silencer!
Old 02-15-2002, 08:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dinsdale
[B]

I made it to 30K on the first set of RE010's on my Impreza.

Quick Reply: Which is best to drive S2000 or Impreza Turbo