UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Car damaged deliberately in TESCO car park!

Old 06-21-2003, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car damaged deliberately in TESCO car park!

Took the S to TESCO (Gilette Corner) today for a bit of light shopping and parked as far away from anyone else as possible (as usual)....... I pulled up in a bay with no other cars around and pushed the shopping trolley sat in the next bay away from the car (just in case).

Some c**t must have seen me move the trolley away and thought it would be great fun to wait for me to go in the shop....... I returned to find the same trolley had been pushed into the drivers side door...... chipped paint and a small dent!.

There were still no other cars parked near mine so it must have been deliberate. WHY do people do things like this?

My S was a year old yesterday!..... no damage for a whole year (appart from Chiswick Honda scratching it two weeks ago)......

Not a happy bunny!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

sorry to hear about that. too many a$$holes around arent there
Old 06-21-2003, 07:45 AM

This is the one thing i am not looking forward to when my S arrives. It doesn't even seem to matter where in the country you live, there's always some tw@t who has to spoil it.

Note to self: uses the other halfs car to do the shopping!!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had two dents put in the rear wing of the S by what was obviously two deliberate punches, whilst on the car park of a very exclusive country club whilst I was there taking the wedding pictures.

Not jealousy, I would have thought, as there was a fair sprinkling of rollers and porkers on the car park which would have been more legitimate targets. The fact that you obviously take a pride in your car and are careful how you park it, is all the reason these sad tw@ts need!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:58 AM

The problem is I sold my practical A4 in favour of the S, and will have to use it on a day to day basis. Just have to hope I get lucky and avoid lowlife scum!
Old 06-21-2003, 08:10 AM

Dont know what its like where you are but its pretty windy up here - could it have been the wind or a slight gradient. Trolleys do have a mind of their own. If it was deliberate, wouldn't they have dome more damage ?
Old 06-21-2003, 08:28 AM

One of my previous cars was mint apart from idiots opening car doors onto it. Since then I always do Tesco online shopping,
Old 06-21-2003, 09:24 AM

My car is only 1 month old now. After 3wks I avoided any dents, I now have one on the back wheel arch just below the petrol cap. I'm sure this was deliberate.

Like others on this forum, I'm also very careful where I park my car. In my case I parked it amongst a load of empty car parking bays away from anything else (Swindon Outlet Centre). I came back to the car and found a 4x4 parked next to it....of all the empty spaces and he has to park next to mine. I'm sure the rear door of the 4x4 was opened deliberately on to my car and caused the dent. It really p*ss*s you off.

It nags me that much now, I'll probably have it sorted at the first service.

Dave
Old 06-21-2003, 11:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kevinski
[B]One of my previous cars was mint apart from idiots opening car doors onto it. Since then I always do Tesco online shopping,
Old 06-21-2003, 01:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by douglasr
[B]Dont know what its like where you are but its pretty windy up here - could it have been the wind or a slight gradient.

Quick Reply: Car damaged deliberately in TESCO car park!