UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

This car takes my breath away

Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This car takes my breath away

Evening all,

I used to be a lurker on these forums but just had to join to tell you all that I'm quite simply blown away by this car.

I've owned my S for a month now, and previously owned a couple of MX-5's and a BMW 735 (E38).

I'm no racing god but felt that driving the MX-5 first has served me as a fine apprenticeship before qualifying to drive the S. I see the S2000 as the natural evolution of the MX-5.

I still can't come to terms with the immense power from the 2 litre engine. The sound as it accelerates is like formula 1. Incredible. It just wants to go.

The seating position, steering wheel, and perspective; all just feel right. I know I'm sat in an authentic sports car.

I looked at about 5 S's before buying, ranging from MY99 to MY04. I settled on a one owner GT version with factory boot spoiler and front lip from a private seller. I guess you will want photos so I will try and get these posted in the next week or so.

Go easy on me folks, this is my first time posting on an internet forum.

I still can't stop smiling.

Phil.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:28 PM

Glad you like it, nice to see someone working their way up the car ladder so to speak. The MX5 should have served you well, if oyu got through a couple of winters in that without crashing then you already have a fair amount of sense already.

weather is getting a little worse at the moment take it easy out of the bends, check your tread depth and your alignment, it will make all the difference going into autumn/winter

and most of all, enjoy
Old 08-26-2010, 11:39 PM

welcome
alignments not such an issue unless its totaly out but tyre pressure and tread depth are very important, don't try to save money by eeking out the last few mm on tread depth when its close to winter. idealy get your new tyre change around autumn so you hit winter with fresh boots, if you dont use a set each year consider a set of winter tyres to change in autumn that way you can get max use out of the summer tyres
biggest tip to keeping these on the road is keep a close eye on the nut behind the steering wheel, its usually this that causes most crashes.
set yourself a benchmark time between two fixed items and write it down, in 6 months time when your convinced its down on power (and you will) do the benchmark test and see its just as fast as it was, it will save you hours of lost sleep or expensive dyno time
enjoy the car
Old 08-27-2010, 12:00 AM

Welcome to the madhouse Phil just one word of advice, check your oil regularly, I would suggest every time you fill up....

.....Oh and enjoy the car, it should always make you smile!!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:03 AM

nut behind the steering wheel?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:06 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cupracing,Aug 27 2010, 08:03 AM
nut behind the steering wheel?
He means the driver.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

FFS! Did G. Brown abolish wit after all?

Welcome Mexy; I had a couple of MX-5s before I bought the S2000 and I know exactly what you mean. It really feels like going up a level. The mock racing car feel of the Honda is quite brilliantly entertaining; nine years on and I still find it fun to drive.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Howdy and welcome. Like what they said, but from me
Old 08-27-2010, 02:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-27-2010, 02:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWOkG4KPgNQ [/media]

Quick Reply: This car takes my breath away