UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Door protector

Old 11-19-2001, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, I live in a block of flats and have to park in a driveport (aka mini-carpark). I suspect one of the neighbours did this as sometimes the parking is very tight. I'm always careful when parking at supermarkets but there is little I can do when at home. I didn't think there would be any decent way to protect against this but I thought I would ask. Just got to grin and bear it I suppose.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is it our car park spaces are still laid out as if the average person was still driving an Austin A35?

And why is that so many urban households are acquiring huge off road behemoths which they can then squeeze in to said tiny spaces so that they can then smack your bodywork with a half ton door as they take little Jimmy out to sit him in his push chair
(which itself is the same width as the A35)? I mean just how much pulling power and non-slip grip do you need to get from home to school via the shops and back home again?!

Pete
Old 11-20-2001, 03:16 AM

ROFL... My... we are pissed off today.

It's absolutely blood ridiculous the way this 4x4 revolution has taken off. It is all to do with fashion and the school run!! I just fold up laughing, they're never going to go in long grass never mind off road. They've usually got the full monster stainless steel bull bar kit as well. I've even seen one with the winch motor on the front and those things cost a fortune.
Old 11-20-2001, 04:58 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
ROFL... My... we are pissed off today.
Is it so obvious?

Could be because I've had my future 'ex' on the phone this morning

Pete
Old 11-20-2001, 09:32 AM

I had a CRV for 2.5 years (and was very happy with it) but I eventually got rid because I was pissed off with the hassles of parking and menouvering the thing. As well as being wide it's a pretty long vehicle.
The average car parking spaces in the U.K. are completely inadequate for modern cars, I cannot agree more with Pete on this one.

If you disagree, go to America, they get decent parking spaces and well laid out car parks.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:58 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]Why is it our car park spaces are still laid out as if the average person was still driving an Austin A35?

And why is that so many urban households are acquiring huge off road behemoths which they can then squeeze in to said tiny spaces so that they can then smack your bodywork with a half ton door as they take little Jimmy out to sit him in his push chair
Old 11-20-2001, 10:02 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
it's to do with the "little big man"
Old 11-20-2001, 10:16 AM

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

As it happens we used to own a 4x4 Land Rover 110 station wagon , it was such a heap of crap that follow 3 years of total misery inc 2 years extra free warrenty they bought it back .

Any way whilst sitting in it in a Chelmsford car park 3 other drivers managed to drive into it The best beibg a brand new Toyota Carina who wrote off both nearside doors and rear wing on the bull bar , laugh I nearly shat !!!

On another occasion a retired police man crashed into the rear and tore the front wing of his Carlton on the rear chasis out rigger of the LR .

The moral is car parks are a nightmare for all concerned with the exterior finnish of thier car .

P.s. Our LR went of road quite often both driving
Old 11-20-2001, 03:00 PM

[QUOTE]
Could be because I've had my future 'ex' on the phone this morning
Old 11-20-2001, 03:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]
I would have thought that would look awful.

Quick Reply: Door protector