UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

EML after Air Pump Delete Kit

Old 07-04-2015, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EML after Air Pump Delete Kit

Hi Guys & Gals,

I've recently installed an air pump delete kit that came with my brake cooling kit. I have installed it following a guide on here and all seem'd to be fine. But the EML light come on and is throwing up P1412. I have double checked everything and it seems ok, could it be a faulty resistor?

This is how i have wired it, which seems to be the same on the guide. So thought id double check it.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:00 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake89
Hi Guys & Gals,

I've recently installed an air pump delete kit that came with my brake cooling kit. I have installed it following a guide on here and all seem'd to be fine. But the EML light come on and is throwing up P1412. I have double checked everything and it seems ok, could it be a faulty resistor?

This is how i have wired it, which seems to be the same on the guide. So thought id double check it.

Do you connect the other end of the resistor to the chassis? If so it might be worth cleaning the paint off as 12vdc or even lower depending on what it uses will struggle to get through dirty metal let alone something thats painted
Old 07-04-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

I looks like the resistor is connected correctly, it should not be connected to the chassis like suggested above.
Your problems seems to be that you have disconnected the relay thing?
In this picture you will see the stuff that you need to keep.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unrelated but I just bought the air pump delete kit aswell. Did you have to remove the bumper as suggested to fit it or can it be done pulling back the wheel arch liner?
Old 07-04-2015, 02:00 PM

I guess it could be done without removing the bumper but overall probably a lot harder and more time consuming.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flanders
I looks like the resistor is connected correctly, it should not be connected to the chassis like suggested above.
Your problems seems to be that you have disconnected the relay thing?
In this picture you will see the stuff that you need to keep.
That be it then. I have thrown that away as well. I'll have to try buy another. Thanks mate, appreciated.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:07 AM

Glad to help
Old 10-15-2015, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it normal that after fitting this kit that you can get a slight smell of petrol inside the car when starting the car from cold? I fitted it two weeks ago but the last two morning (that have been the coldest since fitting it) I have smelt petrol in the car when sat in traffic a few minutes into my drive to work.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrimmy
Is it normal that after fitting this kit that you can get a slight smell of petrol inside the car when starting the car from cold? I fitted it two weeks ago but the last two morning (that have been the coldest since fitting it) I have smelt petrol in the car when sat in traffic a few minutes into my drive to work.
Did you block the egr off or leave it in place?
Old 10-15-2015, 02:16 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I'll get a slight rich smell from the exhaust when I reverse out my drive, but I got that before I fitted my delete kit too.

A couple of people have had broken injectors recently and their first symptom was a strong petrol smell in the cabin, might be worth visually checking them to see if you've got a leak.

Quick Reply: EML after Air Pump Delete Kit