UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Fast road setup.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I've had an email back from CG. Since they have a good rep on here I'm thinking of taking it there. With it being lowered only 30mm ish, would I need to think about getting adjustable rear toe arms? Or would that only be needed if going lower? I don't 'drive it like I stole it', do I'm just looking for a nice stable car on any surface that will also go well round corners. Tyre wear would be a pain in the ass too. But this is great stuff to know. At least I'll have a few things to mention and ask about when I get it done. I need to find time to check for any seized bushes soon though before I take it, due to it being a fair trek. And if any turn out to be seized......well, it'll be on hold for a while I guess. At least until I figure out exactly what cutting equipment I'll need. Aaah, wouldn't it be nice if none were seized......
Old 05-31-2011, 12:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ring CG in the morning and have a chat to Chris, he's wonderfully helpful on the phone.
He wont mind at all if he is going to be doing business with you soon.
CG are the more 'personal' touch, and ideal if you want to learn what it all does and why.

Steve
Old 05-31-2011, 12:57 PM

I love the way my car drives but am going to Dixon next week for my first ever geo.

Dreading that I will learn that my bushes are seized.

Got to face up to what he finds "but, like the owner of a foul disease, to keep it from divulging, let it feed even on the pith of life."

Not sure I'm sold on this "fast road setup." Is it good for wet as well as dry conditions? Have perfect confidence in my S in the wet. Wouldn't want to compromise that.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

MQ get the settings I sent to Saz comparing mine and hers, with what I hope is some simple explanation - you can choose to use it or not, but hopefully it can help you

I could always forward it on too.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 AM

Chad, you won't regret talking to Chris at Center Gravity. I didn't know much (anything!) about geo before I took my car to him, and he explained it all to me in simple terms so that I understood what the issues were and how they might be addressed. Part of the reason CG have such a good reputation on here is that you get that attention to detail, and the car is then set up so that it suits you. In other words, you don't just get given some settings!