UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Few questions before the supercharger goes on

Old 07-31-2013, 12:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As for cooling I have had no issues with mine at all in nearly 12 months & 1 track day and I have my air intake as per the standard SOS set up. I wouldn't mind doing something to get more cold air in or even have some kind of water spray for the aftercooler although it doesn't get that hot compared to guys running this kit in the US were they reckon you could burn your hand on the aftercooler after a good blast.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
I'm in a similar position collecting bit prior to s/c install.

I've a few bits I'm adding to the list you have that might not be a strictly necessary and its delaying my install but figured I may aswell get everything right and fitted from day one.

Release bearing I'd deffo do if the clutch is off, and you may aswell change the disc for the cost of an Oem one.
Alloy rad
Oil cooler
3 bar map sensor
Catch can,

Mines not a dd though so I can afford to take a bit more time in getting it all done.

Personally the cooling aspect would be the big thing to look at that you don't seem to have addressed yet
What blower you gone for?
Old 07-31-2013, 01:25 AM

Have a read of these aswell Ellzy:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...l-control.aspx

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...l-Cooling.aspx

I've ran 465bhp on the road for a year with no cooling issues. I ran a lower temperture thermostat for awhile but didn't need it. Track work is different though.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
Originally Posted by yorkies2k' timestamp='1375260455' post='22697564

I've a few bits I'm adding to the list you have that might not be a strictly necessary and its delaying my install but figured I may aswell get everything right and fitted from day one.

Release bearing I'd deffo do if the clutch is off, and you may aswell change the disc for the cost of an Oem one.
Alloy rad
Oil cooler
3 bar map sensor
Catch can,

Mines not a dd though so I can afford to take a bit more time in getting it all done.

Personally the cooling aspect would be the big thing to look at that you don't seem to have addressed yet
Tts c38-81, but with the new bearings, brackets ect so hopefully will avoid the potential issues.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one has mentioned uprating engine mounts yet. That could be worth doing.

I got mine done at the time of install as the clutch was being done and they were lifting the engine a bit for that so didn't get charged for the labour costs. I can't comment on what it would have been like with standard mounts. I'm really happy with the Megan mounts, they seem to be holding up well and don't make the dash rattle or anything horrible like that, just a small increase in NHV, nothing like it would be going for some hard polys. It also has really improved the gearshift when driving at speed, no more box wobbling about now.

I didn't do the diff mounts, but part of me thinks keep the standard ones as stiffer ones might cause more shock to it, and we know it isn't the strongest thing to start out with...

I got mine from the states via ebay, much cheaper than the hardrace ones which come from the same factory.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

its fine with standard mounts, unless you have components with small clearances. (manifold or charge pipes)

I added engine/transmission mounts and a engine torque damper. It does feel a little 'vibey' sometimes but certainly firms everything up nicely.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by yorkies2k
Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM' timestamp='1375261783' post='22697578
[quote name='yorkies2k' timestamp='1375260455' post='22697564']

Alloy rad
Oil cooler
3 bar map sensor
Catch can,

Tts c38-81, but with the new bearings, brackets ect so hopefully will avoid the potential issues.
[/quote]

Nice purchase!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can do basemaps if you need them or full tunes

I'm doing Jay's at the moment on flashpro and he's very happy with it.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All

firstly, i would like to say thank you for all your comments, definitely put me in the right direction!

Earth worm Jim, thanks for the useful links, as well as the thread you posted on clutches!

Ron / Martin, fortunately mine has come with the extended hose which is rather lucky!

I have now spoken with Aj reference the base map! This certainly give me more confidence driving to Romain!

Thanks again all
Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy i am! Definately recommend AJ for doing a full tune, he's very thorough and is very particular about getting everything perfect...you'd be in good hands

Quick Reply: Few questions before the supercharger goes on