UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Finally have a S2000

Old 10-08-2016, 03:04 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

Looks great!

The OEM suspension is great. Unless you want a race car -- and know how to align and tune an adjustable suspension -- leave it alone. Same with the wheels. There are some power gains to be made with intake and exhaust and I find the OEM exhaust note a bit subdued. Park it in that garage behind you and leave her home in winter weather.

-- Chuck
Old 10-08-2016, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought my first one yesterday, such a nice car, I'm also surprised how civilised it is when your not thrashing it. Even with the roof down.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobinA3
What mileage is on it and what year is it? Looks absolutely mint.
its done 42k miles on a 05 plate. SO cheap tax

Originally Posted by eSeM
Originally Posted by jamboDC5' timestamp='1475872530' post='24079109
Going to do some tweeks over winter.

Let me know what you think
Don't!

Keep it standard, it is too nice a car to spoil.

They will only be simple mods that can easily be put back to standard.

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Looks great!

The OEM suspension is great. Unless you want a race car -- and know how to align and tune an adjustable suspension -- leave it alone. Same with the wheels. There are some power gains to be made with intake and exhaust and I find the OEM exhaust note a bit subdued. Park it in that garage behind you and leave her home in winter weather.

-- Chuck
It will be off the road all over winter as its a second car. SO no worries there. Going to check all the geo bolts are free soon, so fingers crossed. Im looking into doing the uk exhaust mod. I do like the look of the standard exhaust but find its lacking abit on full chat.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I would love to bring it to some shows and meets next year. I have brought it as a little investment aswell as good s2ks are hard to find especially in this colour. Only way i could persuade the wife to let me have one
Old 10-09-2016, 11:43 AM

That's one of the reasons I gave my wife as well
Old 10-09-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by keyCuk
That's one of the reasons I gave my wife as well
deep down i know she loves it as much as i do and knows it was the right thing to do. So nice to be back in a honda again.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:57 PM

I must admit I'm quite surprised my wife likes it as much as she does. Probably cos it is pretty comfortable and warm with the roof down, and I have been driving it pretty tame with her in it. Only got mine yesterday too
Old 10-09-2016, 01:06 PM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

My issue with the UK exhaust mod is there are too many variables and it's a PITA to fix when it's wrong. Knowing how to weld would be a bigh help.

Hearing the exhaust on another car is a must but a quick drive is not enough to develop what the long term relationship will. I'll not repeat my Invidia Q300 misadventures but suffice to say She was not Pleased! It's gone, of course. Just took "that look."

-- Chuck
Old 10-10-2016, 12:54 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks lovely as standard but if it can be returned to standard afterwards again go nuts...
Old 10-10-2016, 05:27 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

ignore them, its your car do what you want with it! Think of it as a woman, your not going to stop pounding her to save her for the next block
Old 10-10-2016, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by har-vey
ignore them, its your car do what you want with it! Think of it as a woman, your not going to stop pounding her to save her for the next block
haha i like that. I will do what i want with it really but i wont do anything to major at the moment

Quick Reply: Finally have a S2000