UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Focused Events Trackday Refund Policy

Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Focused Events Trackday Refund Policy

Hi All,

Just a warning about Focused Events Track day organisers.

I booked on their Mallory Track Day last week and unfortunately it was cancelled due to the weather. It turns out that Focused Events don't give refunds only credit notes although this isn't stated in their T's and C's.

I raised this on Pistonheads and it seems clear that this is at odds with some of their competitors such as Javelin who have also cancelled days but give full refunds. With Javelin if you opt for a credit note they give you an extra £10 on it.

Just so you know!

Ross.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went down there, that day.

And we spoke to a guy who said they had a trackday there the day before and it wasn't cancelled.

No snow had fallen over night in that area ( i live 20 minutes away )

When i got there the roads around were dry and a few damp patches.

My theory with them is, it's easier for them to cancel days, take peoples money, not have to pay instructors marshalls etc or staff to be there and still take the same amount.

Which is probably why the one the day before went ahead.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Never heard of Focused events.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:29 AM
ge2

I've heard mixed reports, they do seem to be quite well respected in the bike world but things are different there.

I don't think there's anything too unusual about issuing a credit note and you'd really have to understand what their contract is with the circuit before making any judgements. They could be taking a big hit.

I was meant to be at Donington tomorrow with Javelin and was surprised to be offered a full refund.

I've not used them before so was quite wary; it's a good sign.

I'll probably be taking the credit though.

BookaTrack are still #1 IMHO.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:29 AM

r8byb - that is very interesting! Do you know which TDO did the one on Saturday?

They even have an S2K on their car trackday page - http://www.focusedevents.com/car_index.asp
Old 12-02-2010, 09:40 AM

sounds pretty reasonable to me - they can't control this weather and are offering you to come at another point in the future. I doubt they like cancelling track days as it is ultimately lost revenue for them on that day
Old 12-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ge2,Dec 2 2010, 06:29 PM
I don't think there's anything too unusual about issuing a credit note and you'd really have to understand what their contract is with the circuit before making any judgements. They could be taking a big hit.
this:
Old 12-02-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by bigtommy,Dec 2 2010, 10:40 AM
sounds pretty reasonable to me - they can't control this weather and are offering you to come at another point in the future. I doubt they like cancelling track days as it is ultimately lost revenue for them on that day
They have already admitted that they don't have to pay Mallory as it was them who cancelled the event. Also they don't mention it in their T's and C's. Other TDO's offer refunds.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Banned

That's bull. Did you buy over the phone or internet? If so you may be covered by the Consumer Protection Act 2000 Distance Selling Regulations. Basically, you paid for something, they didn't deliver, they have to refund all your money including any postage to you, and any postage back to them if they didn't state they don't refund that prior to you buying anything.

Basically, if you want your money back they have to give it to you. If they don't you can probably sue them in small claims and claim back that cost as well.

If you want your money back and not qa credit then you need to be firm that that is th only acceptable outcome. Anything less will cost them more money in court fees and possible reputational damage.

Let us know how it pans out.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:18 PM

Hi gt750boy

I bought over the internet. I have insisted as strongly as possible without being rude both on the telephone and by email and all I get is a flat refusal.

Quick Reply: Focused Events Trackday Refund Policy